KinoVR 3D Virtual Reality Streamer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play your PC games in 3D virtual reality. KinoVR turns your iPhone into virtual reality viewer for PC with quality comparable to expensive PC VR headsets. Low-latency Full HD video streaming at 60 frames per second combined with accurate head tracking.
In addition to KinoVR application you need a PC running your games, virtual reality headset such as Cardboard, WiFi connection and to install free server software http://kinovr.kinoni.com
To enable 3D rendering in games there are few options. Some games have built-in option for side-by-side 3D, you should enable that if possible. Second option is to use third party software like Vireio Perception (free) or TriDef 3D (paid) to enable 3D rendering. You can also use image duplication option in KinoVR. For more details about setup and options please visit http://kinovr.kinoni.com
• Wireless full resolution video streaming at 60 frames per second
• USB connectivity support
• Accurate head tracking with updates 100 times per second
• Adjustable video settings to match your headset
• KinoVR PC server supports Windows Vista or later
• Side-by-side rendering for games that do not support stereo rendering natively
• Audio streaming (KinoVR Pro)
How to get started:
1) Install KinoVR application to your iPhone
2) Install KinoVR server to your PC from http://kinovr.kinoni.com
4) Launch KinoVR PC application from Windows Start Menu
5) On head tracking settings choose 'Mouse X' to Pitch and 'Mouse Y' to roll, click OK to close dialog
6) Make sure both iPhone and PC are connected to same WiFi network
7) Launch the game you want to play with VR headset on PC
8) Launch KinoVR iPhone application and insert iPhone into your VR headset
9) iPhone app automatically connects to PC you will see game screen on VR headset
10) Rotate your head to look around in game
For more detailed instructions and options please visit
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Fixed WiFi connectivity bug.
One of he best options for Iphone
Of the few choices in VR streaming apps for Iphone I have to say that this is one of the best options: native head tracking(via mouse control), good FOV, very simple setup, and most importantly and unlike any other VR streamer on the IOS App store it allows for streaming over a usb cable on Iphone.
This means the latency and lag is lower(at least for people like me with a weak or mediocre wifi-router) than any other streamer I've tried(with the minor and totally worth it down-side of being limited by the length if your cable[and to be honest in my opinion it is worth purchasing a longer cable just for this]).
The reason this doesn't get five stars is because the display size is not as customizable as it should be. There is some basic customization but I'm still limited to using only about 3/4 to 4/5 of my screen on the Iphone7+. This means I have inherently lower resolution and FOV than what my phone is capable of.
I'd gladly come back and upgrade this to 5 stars of this single issue was fixed.
App Store fails to disclose it has to be purchased
After going through all the installation and strapping on the vr headset the screen switched to a full blown ad saying it could only play video for 5 minutes unless I go to the kino website and pay. The resolution is not good enough for reading like if you're watching a Korean drama and need to read the captionsand the screen size on the vr is small I thought it would fill the phone but the side by side screens where the video plays are small, even without the vr my tv monitor connected to the laptop is bigger. 3 stars for effort, someone else should be able to benefit from this kind of setup.
It works I guess
It does work but makes the game lag a bit. It only works on some games and when it does work you can't see the middle witch will mess you up if your playing a shooter game also it is blurry but again what do you expect from a free app for a 10$ vr?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Kinoni Oy
- © 2015 Kinoni
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- KinoVR Pro$9.99