Play your PC games in 3D virtual reality. KinoVR turns your iPhone into virtual reality headset for PC with quality comparable to expensive PC VR headsets. Play all VR games from your Steam library with our StreamVR support. Low-latency Full HD video streaming at 60 frames per second combined with accurate head and positional tracking.
In addition to KinoVR application you need a PC running your games, virtual reality headset such as Google Cardboard, WiFi connection and to install free server software http://kinovr.kinoni.com
For more details about setup and options please visit http://kinovr.kinoni.com
• Supports hundreds of SteamVR games
• 6 degrees of freedom tracking including positional tracking - move around in VR
• Wireless full resolution video streaming at 60 frames per second
• USB connectivity support
• Accurate head tracking with updates 100 times per second
• Adjustable video settings to match your headset
• KinoVR PC server supports Windows Vista or later
• Side-by-side rendering for games that do not support stereo rendering natively
• Audio streaming (KinoVR Pro)
How to get started:
1) Install KinoVR application to your iPhone
2) Install KinoVR server to your PC from http://kinovr.kinoni.com
4) Launch KinoVR PC application from Windows Start Menu
5) Make sure both iPhone and PC are connected to same WiFi network
6) Launch SteamVR game you want to play
7) Launch KinoVR iPhone application and insert iPhone into your VR headset
8) iPhone app automatically connects to PC you will see game screen on VR headset
9) Rotate your head to look around in game and walk around to move in-game
For more detailed instructions and options please visit
Biggest update yet! KinoVR now supports SteamVR and location tracking using ARKit. You can walk around inside virtual reality games. This update also brings support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t judge an app by its cover
When I was downloading this, I thought to myself, “Wow I can actually play all of my PC games using my phone as VR Headset! Nothing could go wrong.” Well, it went wrong.
As I downloaded both the app and the file on my PC, I tried booting up one of my VR games and I tried the connection between the Kino App and the game; all I got was a loading screen, then a black screen, and then back to the loading screen. It kept doing this for about thirty minutes and by then I was just done with this app. I deleted the app on my phone and the Kino VR on my PC.
KinoVR seemed very interesting and appealing, but like they say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Now Kino VR has a lot of potential, and if they can fix any issues that it has (which it has a lot), it will be great. As of now, my rating is a 1 out of 5 stars, and I would hope that Kinoni will fix this so I might reconsider re-downloading and changing my review.
One of he best options for Iphone
Of the few choices in VR streaming apps for Iphone I have to say that this is one of the best options: native head tracking(via mouse control), good FOV, very simple setup, and most importantly and unlike any other VR streamer on the IOS App store it allows for streaming over a usb cable on Iphone.
This means the latency and lag is lower(at least for people like me with a weak or mediocre wifi-router) than any other streamer I've tried(with the minor and totally worth it down-side of being limited by the length if your cable[and to be honest in my opinion it is worth purchasing a longer cable just for this]).
The reason this doesn't get five stars is because the display size is not as customizable as it should be. There is some basic customization but I'm still limited to using only about 3/4 to 4/5 of my screen on the Iphone7+. This means I have inherently lower resolution and FOV than what my phone is capable of.
I'd gladly come back and upgrade this to 5 stars of this single issue was fixed.
App Store fails to disclose it has to be purchased
After going through all the installation and strapping on the vr headset the screen switched to a full blown ad saying it could only play video for 5 minutes unless I go to the kino website and pay. The resolution is not good enough for reading like if you're watching a Korean drama and need to read the captionsand the screen size on the vr is small I thought it would fill the phone but the side by side screens where the video plays are small, even without the vr my tv monitor connected to the laptop is bigger. 3 stars for effort, someone else should be able to benefit from this kind of setup.
- Kinoni Oy
- 10.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kinoni
- In-App Purchases
- KinoVR Pro $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.