Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Basic can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Basic builds on the functionality included in our Lite version, adding offline access to locally-stored content, remote update of app settings, the ability to set custom links in the navigation bar, and connecting to AirPrint enabled printers.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings by uploading a setting configuration onto your own servers.
• Set up email alerts for power loss and/or remote updates.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device.
• Access current device orientation data to optimize how your content is displayed.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Basic is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Basic cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Basic, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
TFW you’ve supported an iOS app for almost 10 years and you still find secret features your developer never told you about. (-■_■)
• Display a menu selection of local files by setting your Homepage to a local folder.
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
• Files in the local file directory are listed alphabetically.
• Links with redirects that opened in new windows were blocked.
• Custom links in the navigation bar were not working in older iOS versions.
And in case you missed it, here are the notes from the 9.2 update:
Holy interactive kiosks, Batman! Over 44,000 licenses of Kiosk Pro have been downloaded in 2019 alone.
If you’re reading this and you’re currently using Kiosk Pro, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com and tell us about your project. Let us know if you have any feedback about the app, or even if you just want to say “hello” or see a photo of our office cats. Or if you don't feel like reaching out, but you’ve found Kiosk Pro to be a helpful tool, please consider leaving us a rating or review.
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
• To make it more clear, we renamed “Requires Internet Access” to “Monitor Internet Access While Idle”. While the setting is turned on, Kiosk Pro will periodically check that an internet connection is available. While off, the app will only check when someone is interacting with the kiosk, or when connection is lost.
• To help avoid mistakes, remote updates ignore identifier fields if they are blank. We’ve added a ‘RewriteOldValueByEmptyValue’ key you can use if you need to remove an identifier in a remote update.
• We changed our deployment to devices running iOS 9.3.5 or later, meaning we no longer offer support for devices running an older iOS version. This allows our team to tighten our focus for supporting the app.
• Removed the safe area for the Home Indicator on 12.9 and 11 inch iPad Pro 2018 models.
• Don’t say we didn’t warn you. We’ve added an alert for the Show Settings feature to warn you if you choose “Never”.
• Removed “Log All WebKit Requests”. These logs were huge so if accidentally left on, the app could crash. They were also only applicable to UIWebView and rarely helped us solve issues.
• If the Alternate Homepage for Offline Use was missing, Kiosk Pro would load forever.
• Custom Links were being removed if there wasn’t enough space in the navigation bar.
• URLs including ‘userinfo’ were being misunderstood, just like the teens of today.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Well in Museums
I’ve used this app numerous times to display exhibition content. The ability to stored files natively is a huge plus! Well worth it!
Super misleading description
Does not easily save an entire website for offline use AT ALL. That's the only thing I bought it for. You have to save it as files locally on your computer which I absolutely cannot get to work. App is difficult, ugly, and the description is SUPER misleading. Absolute waste of a ton of money.
Developer Response ,
Hello, I’m sorry for the confusion regarding our app description. Our team is going to review and see how we can improve the description to make this more clear. If you’d like to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be happy to try and help you with storing the files locally. Otherwise, we have instructions on how to request a refund available at https://www.kioskproapp.com/refund.
Great app and tech support was super responsive
- Kiosk Group, Inc.
- 16.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kiosk Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.