Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Basic can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Basic builds on the functionality included in our Lite version, adding offline access to locally-stored content, remote update of app settings, the ability to set custom links in the navigation bar, and connecting to AirPrint enabled printers.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings by uploading a setting configuration onto your own servers.
• Set up email alerts for power loss and/or remote updates.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device.
• Access current device orientation data to optimize how your content is displayed.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Basic is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Basic cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Basic, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
When there’s something strange in your kiosk app, who you gonna email? Us!
In this update, we strapped on our proton packs to kill some spooky bugs and used that power to make the app a little better. Anything can happen on Halloween!
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
• It’s alive! If Kiosk Pro detects the underlying WKWebView browser has crashed, the app will zap some electricity into the browser so it will reload.
• When the “No Internet” screen appeared when internet connection was lost, the address & navigation bars would play ghost and disappear after internet reconnected.
• We exorcised a poltergeist that was clearing memory & privacy data when Kiosk Pro checked for a remote update without updating.
• If the brightness setting was set via an XML file, a remote update would occur regardless of changes. Even Mulder couldn’t explain this one.
If you like Kiosk Pro, don’t keep it under wraps! Please consider leaving us a rating or review on the App Store. And as always, if you have any feedback get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Well in Museums
I’ve used this app numerous times to display exhibition content. The ability to stored files natively is a huge plus! Well worth it!
Submit button doesn’t work
Submit button doesn’t work at the end!!
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry that you're experiencing a problem! Since Kiosk Pro is a browser app, the submit button you're seeing is most likely part of the content that's displaying inside of the app. Otherwise, if you believe the button doesn't work because of the app, you can reach out to our support team we'd be happy to try and investigate the problem further: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great for Museums
I create exhibits for museums. And this is exactly what I needed. It makes iPads into museum kiosks. Which in itself isn't revolutionary. But consider this: now I don't have to buy an industrial touchscreen and a separate computer to run it (or a digital signage system). Often a couple to six thousand dollars at least. (And that's without multitouch.) Now I can buy iPads at a few hundred dollars and have them run either automatically or easily updated information that I pull together through a custom website, or content that I load directly onto the unit. The result: I can afford to deploy many more of these than previously. Which also allows me to consider content in a different way.
I said this is what I needed. I should also say that it's got features that make it more powerful, and more useful, than I'd imagined. Automatic email alerts when the unit's power state changes, for instance.
- Kiosk Group, Inc.
- 15.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kiosk Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.