Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Plus can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Plus builds on the functionality included in our Basic version, adding a screensaver loop, a schedule for when the kiosk is available for use, and the ability to update locally stored files from a remote server or Dropbox account.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Display a screensaver loop using local images and/or videos.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
• Autofill username & password for specific URLs.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Allow windows to open in multiple tabs.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings or content files by uploading them onto your own servers or by syncing with your Dropbox account.
• Set up email alerts for power loss, remote updates, or motion detection.
• Have your kiosks check in with regular heartbeats and monitor all your kiosks from a single location through our cloud-based Remote Management Server.
MANAGE AVAILABILITY & POWER USE
• Create a schedule to control when the kiosk is available for use.
• Control the screen brightness from inside the app settings or dim to minimum brightness while idle.
• Access the iPad’s camera for capturing photos and videos.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device and collect signatures.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Plus is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Plus cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Plus, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
When there’s something strange in your kiosk app, who you gonna email? Us!
In this update, we strapped on our proton packs to kill some spooky bugs and used that power to make the app a little better. Anything can happen on Halloween!
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
• It’s alive! If Kiosk Pro detects the underlying WKWebView browser has crashed, the app will zap some electricity into the browser so it will reload.
• Using URL schemes to open Kiosk Pro to a specific page.
• When the “No Internet” screen appeared when internet connection was lost, the address & navigation bars would play ghost and disappear after internet reconnected.
• We exorcised a poltergeist that was clearing memory & privacy data when Kiosk Pro checked for a remote update without updating.
• If the brightness setting was set via an XML file, a remote update would occur regardless of changes.
• In rare cases, the app would become unresponsive while the Screensaver was active. Even Mulder couldn’t explain this one.
• When using the Video API to save a video file, the app would crash if using non-latin characters in the filename.
If you like Kiosk Pro, don’t keep it under wraps! Please consider leaving us a rating or review on the App Store. And as always, if you have any feedback get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Screen Brightness Doesn’t Work
I bought this app primarily for the “Reduce Screen Brightness After Inactivity” feature, and it doesn’t even work! The screen brightness just remains the same and kills the battery. Such a waste of money
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry that you're seeing a problem with our app. There are two settings for reducing the screen brightness: one lets you choose when the brightness should dim, and the other lets you choose at what point in your device's battery percentage the reduction should be applied. More info about this setting is available here (http://docs.kioskproapp.com/article/737-power-management) or if you'd like to reach out to us we can help further (email@example.com)
I’m a designer, not a programmer. And, on our budget, we can’t afford to have an agency deploy a tradeshow kiosk - but we can rock the stand with this app. There’s some tech to it, so you can’t be afraid - but once you get the hang of it you can present images, videos, data, and collect contact info. And, the developer was SUPER helpful with my newbie questions. I can see this being used all over, from trade shows to point of sale to surveys. Fear not - it’s pretty sweet.
Thank you for listening to user feedback on this app. It keeps getting better and better! Keep up the great work!
- Kiosk Group, Inc.
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kiosk Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.