Kiosk Pro Plus
By Kiosk Group, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Plus can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Plus builds on the functionality included in our Basic version, adding a screensaver loop, a schedule for when the kiosk is available for use, and the ability to update locally stored files from a remote server or Dropbox account.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Display a screensaver loop using local images and/or videos.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
• Autofill username & password for specific URLs.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings or content files by uploading them onto your own servers or by syncing with your Dropbox account.
• Set up email alerts for power loss, remote updates, or motion detection.
• Have your kiosks check in with regular heartbeats and monitor all your kiosks from a single location through our cloud-based Remote Management Server.
MANAGE AVAILABILITY & POWER USE
• Create a schedule to control when the kiosk is available for use.
• Control the screen brightness from inside the app settings or dim to minimum brightness while idle.
• Access the iPad’s camera for capturing photos and videos.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device and collect signatures.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Plus is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Plus cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Plus, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
What's New in Version 8.4
● Set a secondary passcode specifically to exit an Autonomous Single App Mode Session. This feature is designed for scenarios where you might need to allow remote staff the ability to exit the app to troubleshoot WiFi or another system-level setting on the device without allowing access to the main Kiosk Pro settings menu and pairs well with the option to automatically launch an Autonomous Single App Mode session on app launch. Users with full access to app settings can use the secondary passcode as a shortcut to exit or can use the existing Lock/Unlock toggle in the app settings.
● Added Allowed and Restricted Domains screening for asynchronous navigation requests, which are frequently used by complex web apps, including YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Due to how iOS handles these requests, this screening occurs after page load, meaning that the page will display briefly. When Kiosk Pro sees the page and identifies it is not allowed, it will immediately navigate to the previous page and display a blocked request alert if configured to do so.
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
● Update Policy now applies to remote updates sent through the Remote Management Server.
● Alert added for confirmation when clearing the history for Dropbox Sync.
● Removed ‘Disable Tel: Links’ and previously deprecated ‘Allowed Links to External Apps’ settings as they were incompatible with Apple’s latest revision of their App Review Guidelines. All URL scheme links will now be allowed unless blocked by Guided Access or Single App Mode.
● Updated our algorithms to prevent text selection inside an input on devices running iOS 11.
● New graphic assets for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro.
● The app now automatically dismisses any blocked request alert shown after a few seconds.
● Clear Cookies now clears any HTML5 session storage created by a site in addition to cookies.
● The status bar was displayed with the incorrect background color after returning to the settings menu using a touch gesture and passcode.
● An instance where a specific call to Dropbox’s servers would fail, resulting in a sync loop repeating in the app when updating local files.
● An issue with the Remote Management Server where the app would send page analytics before the master data for a session. In specific scenarios, this resulted in orphaned navigation data, unassociated with a visitor session.
● Worked with KioWare to identify and correct a problem with the Kiosk History Report for the Remote Management Server. You can now view when kiosks were moved, renamed, assigned a new content revision, or initiated a download.
● When a URL with an encoded ampersand character is set as the Homepage, the app will now automatically decode the ampersand to correctly display the page.
We love hearing your feedback so if you have something to share, get in touch with us at email@example.com. If you like the app, please consider leaving us a rating and review.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 13, 2017
- Version: 8.4
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Kiosk Group, Inc.
- © Kiosk Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.