KIRO 7 Weather - Seattle-area weather alerts and forecasts
By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As Chief Meteorologist Sam Argier and the KIRO 7 Weather Team pinpoint storms and patterns in Western Washington, the KIRO 7 Weather app keeps you keep you connected.
Quick points of iphone features:
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for the most common alert types in Western Washington
• Interactive radar, animation/loops, and visible satellite map
Quick points of iPad features:
• One of a kind swipe carousel navigation
• Accurate weather tools that display hourly, five and seven-day forecast
• Storm alerts: audible tones warning you of pending danger
• Up- to-date video forecasts from KIRO 7 Eyewitness News
• Interactive social technology that keeps you in touch with the KIRO 7 Weather Team
• KIRO 7 Eyewitness News broadcasts streamed live every day.
• Live streaming StormTracker 3D Radar
• Multi-City forecasting keeps you alerted to Severe Weather in locations you care about.
Our Northwest weather coverage includes the KIRO 7 5-day Forecast, Stormtracker Doppler Radar and the latest video forecast from meteorologists Argier, Morgan Palmer, and Kelly Franson in the KIRO 7 Weather Center.
KIRO 7’s free service includes the live Stormtracker 3D Radar that zooms down to Seattle, your neighborhood, or anywhere in the country.
With the KIRO 7 Weather app, you know immediately when severe weather threats are heading to your home; location-based Storm Alerts will signal tones to direct you.
The app streams live broadcasts of KIRO 7 Eyewitness News and StormTracker Doppler Radar, tracking storms and giving you minute-by-minute information on specific streets and neighborhoods threatened by the storm.
KIRO 7’s Weather App keeps you in touch with the Eyewitness News weather team using Facebook and Twitter.
Share any weather damage in your neighborhood simply by uploading your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
Your app is now like a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for free. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Not bad. However...
There needs to be a for-pay service offered because the adverts are appallingly bad. The banner makes what would be a nice experience ugly and if takes too much screen space. I'll gladly pay a monthly fee to avoid adverts.
Asking to "follow us even when the device is off" is not necessary for the functionality of this app. Makes me wonder what kind of tracking is going on under the hood.
Rating: 4-stars minus 2 for the obtrusive adverts.
Does the job
It's ok... It does the job, but needs some improvements. I found the app itself kind of laggy but I was still able to still to view the forecast.
This used to be my favorite favorite Seattle weather app but the ads have me going to king5.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2015 Cox Media Group, Inc. and Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Alerts Package$4.99