Kitchen app will give you the insight and control you need to manage your connected GE Kitchen Appliances
- Requires a Wi-Fi router with Internet.
- Requires a compatible GE Appliances Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Wall Oven/Range or a Connect Plus module.
- For issues, please contact GE Appliances Customer Support:
- View status of your refrigerator, dishwasher, wall oven/range, microwave or hood from anywhere on your iPhone.
- Start a preheat/cook cycle from anywhere.
- Get timely notifications related to normal user maintenance.
- Get notification if your refrigerator door is left open.
- Get notification when your dishwasher cycle ends.
- Get reminders to replace water filter.
- Start hot water heating cycle from phone (available only for refrigerator models that have hot water feature)
- Schedule hot water heating cycles.
- Estimate/track dishwasher detergent pod usage.
- Get software updates.
- Start and turn of Timers.
- Allow for Clock Synchronization.
- And more...
Now you can automatically order dishwasher pods when you run low with Amazon Dash Replenishment. The set up is simple and you will never have to worry about how many dishwasher pods are in inventory.
Now, you can sync your GE Appliances Oven/Range with Nest. Works With Nest allows you to tie your Nest Protect and Nest Away. Ever wonder if you have left your Oven on while away? With Works with Nest feature you will receive a push notification if your oven is on and you have left the house. We will also shut your oven off if a Nest Protect emergency is detected.
bug fix in Settings
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using the app since we installed the double ovens a couple of years ago. The newest version of the app while useful has several bugs and some lack of functionality compared to earlier versions. The most lacking functionality is notifications. It use to send a notification when preheat completed and when cooking timer expired, it now sends no notifications. If there’s a way to turn them on I can’t find it in the app or in iOS settings. The most annoying bug is the “policy change notification”. When you first start app you hit accept and app runs fine. If you leave app and come back it again pops up the notification, however if you accept it then pops up a “network error” box. Only way to go back in is to kill the app and restart it. Very annoying.
Reinstalled and now it works
Look, I do not like GE appliances. My (now 2 y.o.) home came with GE Café appliances, and frankly, they’re all (DW, microwave, cooktop) awful other than the double ovens. Like, I literally hate them...
So when I say to you “this app was the lone bright spot for me,” I want you to know where I’m coming from. I REALLY liked this app and the functionality it brought me.
But then some update killed notifications, and I just figured it was par for the GE course.
So when I saw others here reporting success with the notifications. I’d tried everything else, so I finally deleted and redownloaded the app (and re-registered it with GE.)
So, now I seem to be back to where I was. Notifications work again and I’m basically thrilled with the oven again. So if you’re having issues with notifications, try that.
I can control the oven, get notified when timers expire, etc. It really changes how I use and view the ovens.
Lone issue: why do I set the timezone of the oven through the app if it can’t automagically change the time for daylight savings? What net connected device can’t do that these days???
So far working fine
So far it’s working fine for me. Notifications are coming in.
I wish it had an all off control for the range. I know it could be dangerous to be able to turn on the range top while not knowing if the top is clear of all items but to be able to turn all off if you’re not home and left a burner on accidentally would be a great safety feature.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.