Kiwi for Gmail
By Zive, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"It's shocking Google never created this software on its own." -- Inc.
“Can’t miss app.” -- Mashable
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 integrates all of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) with Gmail as the centerpiece. We turn Gmail and the rest of G Suite into a full-powered desktop client that takes everything you know and love about Gmail and apps such as Docs, Sheets and Slides, and add great new features – including the ability to simplify your life by seamlessly managing multiple Gmail accounts. Finally a solution for office productivity that competes with Microsoft Office 365.
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 with G Suite revolutionizes Gmail by transforming not only the functionality and interface of Gmail itself, but also how it works with Google Apps. By providing multiple windows, desktop integration, and a simple, intuitive interface that allows you to quickly access each application, open new documents, and get back to recent documents with a single click, Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 now gives you all the great functionality of G Suite apps in a better way.
One of the most anticipated apps on Kickstarter in 2015 and two years in the making, Kiwi for Gmail delivers a sophisticated app that thoroughly integrates Gmail into your desktop experience in ways that simply aren’t possible in the browser. To do this, we rebuilt how Gmail functions on the desktop from the ground up to make it faster, easier to use, and more reliable.
Get started today and discover a whole new way to use Gmail and G Suite.
• Use Gmail as a desktop app, freed from the browser
• Reliable Multiple Accounts - Use up to 6 Gmail accounts simultaneously using an architecture that's more reliable than traditional Gmail
• Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
• Ability to open documents in their own windows so you can multi-task like never before using documents across applications and accounts
• Ability to open recent documents and quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
• Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface provides quick access to all G Suite applications
• Saves all open document windows on exit and restores on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
• Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
• Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
• Boomerang plugin fully supported
• Huge attachments - Send giant files using Google Drive, which is now so quick to do, it's even simpler than Dropbox.
• Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts - let you get to your email in a second.
• Important-Only Notifications - a desktop email first; use this optional feature and filter the noise right out of your email effortlessly.
• The Zen Switch(tm) - shut off all email notifications so you can focus, without shutting out the whole world.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not have *offline support*, which is incompatible with serving all Gmail's features.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not support Google's Inbox.
• Gmail as a Polished Desktop Experience - Windows for new messages, the calendar, Google Drive; Attach photos, documents, or whatever you want by just dragging them on; An inbox that works like a desktop application and not a strange menubar dropdown hybrid -- we've thought of everything.
• Gmail as your Default Email Client - It really works. Replace Mail and Outlook completely with Kiwi for Gmail - click an email in Contacts or the browser and it'll open one of our beautiful new email windows.
• Dock icon, Menubar dropdown, and full Inbox window.
• Gorgeous, simple New Message windows - Vastly improved over the browser.
• More Gmail plugins - We'll be integrating various third-party plugins in coming updates.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
100% OFF! Get the full version of Kiwi for free for a limited time.
- Proper handling of middle click
- Restores boomerang Respondable functionality
- Stabilizes compose in new window behavior
- Fixes three rare crash situations
- Resolves small number of memory issues
- Internal framework changes
Essential, lots of room to grow!
As a heavy gsuite user, this app is critical to my day to day work. In fact, really don’t know how I lived without it, and it gets better and better with every release.
However, as other reviewers point out, there are still many opportunities for improvement. Based off their work so far I’m really impressed by the Kiwi team and I’m really excited to see what the future holds for the app. For example, I’d love if the gsuite apps would only open one window per app - if I want to jump to my calendar and can’t find quickly, I’ll click the gcal button/icon in the kiwi menu - but it always opens a new window. Over the course of the day I end up with dozens of Kiwi windows open showing the same thing when what I really want is one window for each of the main apps (calendar, drive, contacts, or a particular document) and for kiwi to find the window that’s already open and bring it to the front. I’ve also noticed that when downloading/saving attachments from emails, I can’t create new folders in the expanded save panel and end up having to jump over to finder, add the folder there, then going back to Kiwi to save the attachment into it. It’s a small bother, but adds up over time.
Overall this is an essential app that I couldn’t live without, and I’m looking forward to seeing it continue to improve!
An extremely efficient way of keeping track of several Gmail accounts. Notifications for new mail arrive instantly. One small nitpick is that the unread count takes a while to update (back to an absence of the count) if I have read (and deleted) a newly incoming email elsewhere (in the browser, where I keep an Inbox by Gmail tab open, or on my phone). Also, somehow Google Keep is absent from the left navbar of my copy of Kiwi, although I have seen it on some screenshots out in the wild (my window has an icon for Google Slides, which I don’t use; and I haven’t found a way to remove Slides but add Keep in the settings—so this would be my feature request). But other than these two little things, being able to forego a ton of browser tabs is a blessing. One note after reading some of the other comments: if you ever implement calendar notifications, please make an option in the settings to turn those off, bc my phone does that just fine.
Whoever in the comments was complaining about no easy way to refresh: clicking on Inbox or All Mail (whichever is your preferred view) a couple of times refreshes the Gmail window.
This has been a great app for what it is. Although the app is basically a separate browser, it’s built to look like and operate as an application - which removes the need to have your GSuite apps open in browser tabs. It’s quick and convenient to use, and does a good job separating and maintaining multiple accounts. Hubspot integration that works in the browser does not seem to work in Kiwi yet, this would be a good addition.
The only thing I would have liked that the app does not do is to have the app do more to display GSuite and Gmail differently. I like the left side menu - it gives a fast, convenient way to access the main parts of GSuite, however I never liked the way that Gmail laid out or dealt with folders. Not sure if the developers plan on taking the app that far or not - I would love to see Google Drive be more like an FTP client, would love to see Gmail laid out differently - more like a traditional email client.
All in all the app works great and I will continue to use it for all my Google accounts. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering using it for their Gmail/GSuite accounts.