Kiwi for Gmail
By Zive, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"It's shocking Google never created this software on its own." -- Inc.
“Can’t miss app.” -- Mashable
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 integrates all of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) with Gmail as the centerpiece. We turn Gmail and the rest of G Suite into a full-powered desktop client that takes everything you know and love about Gmail and apps such as Docs, Sheets and Slides, and add great new features – including the ability to simplify your life by seamlessly managing multiple Gmail accounts. Finally a solution for office productivity that competes with Microsoft Office 365.
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 with G Suite revolutionizes Gmail by transforming not only the functionality and interface of Gmail itself, but also how it works with Google Apps. By providing multiple windows, desktop integration, and a simple, intuitive interface that allows you to quickly access each application, open new documents, and get back to recent documents with a single click, Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 now gives you all the great functionality of G Suite apps in a better way.
One of the most anticipated apps on Kickstarter in 2015 and two years in the making, Kiwi for Gmail delivers a sophisticated app that thoroughly integrates Gmail into your desktop experience in ways that simply aren’t possible in the browser. To do this, we rebuilt how Gmail functions on the desktop from the ground up to make it faster, easier to use, and more reliable.
Get started today and discover a whole new way to use Gmail and G Suite.
• Use Gmail as a desktop app, freed from the browser
• Reliable Multiple Accounts - Use up to 6 Gmail accounts simultaneously using an architecture that's more reliable than traditional Gmail
• Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
• Ability to open documents in their own windows so you can multi-task like never before using documents across applications and accounts
• Ability to open recent documents and quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
• Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface provides quick access to all G Suite applications
• Saves all open document windows on exit and restores on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
• Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
• Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
• Boomerang plugin fully supported
• Huge attachments - Send giant files using Google Drive, which is now so quick to do, it's even simpler than Dropbox.
• Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts - let you get to your email in a second.
• Important-Only Notifications - a desktop email first; use this optional feature and filter the noise right out of your email effortlessly.
• The Zen Switch(tm) - shut off all email notifications so you can focus, without shutting out the whole world.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not have *offline support*, which is incompatible with serving all Gmail's features.
• NOTE: Kiwi for Gmail does not support Google's Inbox.
• Gmail as a Polished Desktop Experience - Windows for new messages, the calendar, Google Drive; Attach photos, documents, or whatever you want by just dragging them on; An inbox that works like a desktop application and not a strange menubar dropdown hybrid -- we've thought of everything.
• Gmail as your Default Email Client - It really works. Replace Mail and Outlook completely with Kiwi for Gmail - click an email in Contacts or the browser and it'll open one of our beautiful new email windows.
• Dock icon, Menubar dropdown, and full Inbox window.
• Gorgeous, simple New Message windows - Vastly improved over the browser.
• More Gmail plugins - We'll be integrating various third-party plugins in coming updates.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- Update internal infrastructure components
- Adjust view message windows when using Boomerang
- Adjust new event window sizing
Great desktop application for Google Apps!
I've been using Kiwi for Gmail for a few weeks now and I've been loving every moment of it! Going between a variety of different email client applications I realized that what I really wanted all along was an application that was basically a more functional version of the native gmail application. This however goes above and beyond by making it super easy to switch between differnt accounts and by giving you the option to open your different google apps like google docs, calendar, etc. all within the application but in their own windows. Great app and definitely worth paying the one time premium price!
It’s great! Love it. (update: Still love it!)
I first got the free version and loved it, so now upgraded to the paid version os I can manage multiple accounts and it is working very well. Love the popout screen when sending emails and also ability to create tasks. Ease of switching between my mailboxes is also a great convenience. Thanks! I highly recommend it.
Update: It’s been probably a year of using Kiwi and I am still loving it. Perfect for keeping your gmail in a separate app and ability to have multiple gmail accounts accessable through tabs without having to log out and log into each. Super!
I’m getting too old to futz around with multiple interfaces. I like the way Gmail sorts, I like the tabs, and I like to be able to find the button I want where I expect it to be. Kiwi, thank goodness, has not revamped, revised or otherwise “improved the basic structure, and for that I am deeply grateful. It also lets melange multiple online personas easily. The sidebar access is useful but not obtrusive and does not get in the way of the basic usability. I do wish that there was a similar app available for the iPad since Google’s own app is ugly, irritating and a PITA. Nice work Kiwi.