Knight Defense HD
By Milan Nikolic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A unique blend of Tower Defense, neon glowing chess pieces and crazy mayhem, Knight Defense will have you scrambling for strategies to defeat waves of evil red glowing pawns, rooks, horsies and... cats. And you'll be supporting an indie dev, yay!
- "A creative and intelligent action-puzzle game dressed in sharp neon graphics." - 4/4 (MUST HAVE) - slidetoplay.com
- "A brilliant mix of real time strategy and tower defense with a classic chess theme. It gets an Editor's Choice award, and my warm recommendation." - touchgen.net
- "Catchy, unique and enjoyable" - kotaku.com
- "A neon-hued board game beatdown that might make you forget all about Angry Birds" - gamesradar.com
- "A surprisingly deep tower defense game that ís well worth a play" - 148apps.com
- "Original, compelling and downright addictive." - appsized.com
- Awesome glow graphics!
- Addictive, innovative gameplay - easy to learn, hard to master
- Figure out your own unique strategy for each hand-crafted level
- Game Center Achievements & Leaderboards
- Easy, Medium & Hard difficulty levels
- Immersive music & audio
LEAD YOUR FORCES TO VICTORY WITH SPECIAL ABILITIES:
- Pawn - Freezes enemies in place
- Knight - Doubles attack speed
- Bishop - Heals allies
- Rook - Shoots powerful lasers
- Queen - Destroys enemies with an immense blast
- King - Shields allies
DEFEAT HORDES OF RAVENOUS ENEMIES:
- Upgrade your forces to increase attack and health
- Protect your King at all costs, even if you must sacrifice your other forces!
- Lead your enemies to their doom by baiting them with your King if you dare!
What's New in Version 1.6.0
- This release requires iOS 5.0+
- Random level generator now comes standard, no more in-app purchase required
- Removed OpenFeint
Who would have thought anyone could have taken a classic strategy game and made it into an engaging arcade game? Well, Knight Defense does it. Fast gameplay yet still requires strategy and thinking ahead plus mastery of how each piece functions in relation to the other pieces on the board. If you take the time to read the instructions for the game (and don't forget to scroll down past the image of the playing board to read the details about each of the pieces) and play through the training puzzle, you'll get the hang of this quickly, but, you will spend hours mastering the strategy of this exciting twist on chess. Kudos from this reviewer!
Nothing special; some elements of chess
Remember Battle Chess on the PC? yeah, I miss those days. This game is a combination of chess (placing the pieces in the spaces that correspondends with the actual science of chess) and tower defense (e.g. protecting the King). The game is mediocre at best. The battle animation is nothing more than chess pieces spinning as they're getting attacked by other chess pieces and you see the energy bar drop. I would have been more excited if the chess pieces came alive like Battle Chess and walked across the board and fought. There is absolutely nothing special about this game at all and was removed from my Ipad 4 after 2 hours of game playing try to make myself like it.
Truly Innovative Gameplay
Not another TD "with a twist". A creative new play dynamic that is something like a real-time chess. Defending the King is the primary goal but it isn't about creating twisty mazes for the bad guys. The pieces move and threaten squares as they would on a chessboard, but neither side's pieces are simply "taken" - both side's pieces have a life bar and take damage. Pieces also upgrade in the course of a level. Very fast-paced and easy to get started but becomes challenging pretty quickly... Loving it!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 30, 2012
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Milan Nikolic
- © Milan Nikolic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.