Knights of Pen & Paper
By Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IGF 2013 Finalist - Student Showcase
"If you're an RPG fan of any kind, you'll love Knights of Pen & Paper." -- Eurogamer, 9/10
"This is Role-Playing in its purest form." -- Kotaku-US
""An indie turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG." I love every single one of those adjectives." -- IGN
"It’s clever, charming, customizable, and virtually infinitely replayable." -- 148 apps, 4.5/5
Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based, retro style, pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90's. This +1 edition features an extended campaign, more dungeons to explore, new attacks to use in combat, and the Tavern – a place to store your adventurers.
Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience. As both the playing characters AND the dungeon master, players can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded!
Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, pick your characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more await, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience.
Don’t wait any longer, the Pen & Paper world needs you!
- The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience
- Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and their respective classes
- Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage
- Level up and get your hands on more gold to unlock epic items and gear for your party
- As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle
What's New in Version 2.08
v2.08 Change Log
- Fixed various crashes
- Some achievements fixed
- Increased achievement "Ain't nobody got time for that" from 365 to 465 days
- Fixed weakening spell on Black Dragon (negative damage for players made the dragon heal itself)
- Fixed Farmville in New Game + (Used to be 30 levels to high)
- The Consumable items list is now scrollable during combat when several items are listed
- Fixed some lower resistance effects
- "Miniatures" +1 to all skills bonus is now working as intended
- Blacksmith % dialogue now updated properly when using the +5% craft chance items
- Fixed some stat stacking not working or not showing the correct value
- Fixed some cases of the game crashing after killing elite mobs. Also related to Elite Kill achievement not working for everybody
- Achievement Dungeon Master now has an image
- Fixed a UI problem were using a character name and class that are both long caused text to overlap
- Localization - Portuguese - Fixed some strings that where to long
- You can no longer get stuck at Shipwreck Cove if you run out of money
- You can now leave Morderlägger Pit without abandoning the quest
- Paladin's Leader Strike skill now list the correct upgrade when leveling
- Fixed some +% Gold gained items not working
- Localization - Readability in character sheet for German translation updated slightly
- You can no longer skip combat by moving out of an area quickly
Unique, Enjoyable, and Best Game I've Played on an iPhone
I got this game without too much expectations, I love paradox, but the dumbed down majesty for iOS was not for me. Lo and behold this game, for all its simplicity, did not fail to charm.
I was quickly drawn in by the customization of characters and classes, and the fun way you could play with missions, and when I got to the point you start unlocking new classes and buying upgrades for the game room to boost character performance I knew this game was with every cent
My only complaint is I feel there is a wasted element of creativity in actually designing missions (you basically only pick the monsters in some battles, and run out of actual missions a bit too soon for my tastes), and the inclusion of the game devs as unlockable characters instead of the usual crew of motley role players.
Overall, this game is a true gem, and even with the simple gameplay and lackluster translation, any fan of RPGs or good gaming in general should pick up a copy!
I miss playing Neverwinter Nights so much.
I miss it a bit less thanks to this great game. It is not NWN it is an actual rpg that feels like it ought too. Lots of rpg's listed in apps few to none feel like the real deal.
Bought game out right best couple of dollars - like when i bought GWBG - I will happily pay a few dollars to those that make intelligent, creative, and in this case quirky (in the best meaning of the word) games.
Lots of easy going fun with nice blend of some need to actually think about my choices of where i put my stats and who i include in my party. Can not remember last time i have said that about a game on app's. Oh, never actually, this is a first - i like having the game beat me or my character or characters die.
Not because game is built unbalanced, but because i goofed up and did my party in by my choices.
Okay, enough said. Thank you so much to all those who have brought this glorious gem to life and then choose to bring it here!
This is a great game with an easy to learn, hard to master style of play. The 8-bit graphics are incredlible, and the dialouge has numerous jokes and references (like when you fight the swamp god). This app is well worth the $1.99. The only problem is that the blacksmith is useless without a lot of grindstones and half the weapons are terrible without upgrades. Fortunately, it is easy to amass the grindstones and funds for proper blacksmithing. I have spent hours playing this game. It is highly addictive. One of the greatest features is that your gold can be used in different saves. For example, if you die in one save and can't afford to resurrect your characters, you can simply enter a different save and gain the neccissary funds. The main questline is highly satisfying to finish. Overall, I would consider this app one of the greatest.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 29, 2013
- Version: 2.08
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME
- © 2012 Behold Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gold Pack$4.99
- Gold Pack$0.99
- Gold Pack$1.99
- Gold Pack$2.99