By Create2Thrive LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** Endorsed by knitty.com and The Knitter *****
***** A Can't Live Without App -- USA Today *****
knitCompanion provides awesome tools for keeping track in any pattern. NO MORE PAPER or FLIPPING PAGES! Now you can have:
* KEYS always in front of you
* MAGIC MARKERS to find like stitches and then color, highlight, and count them.
* REMINDERS for "at the same time" instructions so you never miss a step.
* INVERTED MARKERS are easy on the eye and make color-coded/colorwork charts a breeze.
* GLUE CHARTS TOGETHER to get ONE chart, ONE row marker for the whole row. Plus lots of tools to manage wide charts and keep your place.
* APPEND clues for Mystery KALs.
* NOTES, HIGHLIGHTS, COUNTERS, KNIT TIMER, and much more.
kC's patented^ knitter inspired design enables you to interact with your patterns like never before. No more flipping pages to find your key or knit a larger chart. You get reminders as you move along your rows, so those pesky "at the same time" instructions appear right when you need them. Simplify complex instructions into manageable pieces. Supports advanced capabilities for charts and written instructions including row markers, stitch markers, highlighting, and much more.
With free knitCompanion you can QuickStart as many patterns from your library as you'd like (bring unlimited PDFs into the app using iOS standard Open-in feature). In-app purchase options provide access to knitCompanion's extended tools for keeping track. Visit us at www.knitCompanion.com to learn more about knitCompanion. We also have a very active Ravelry group (knitCompanion).
*Patents 8,506,303 & 8,529,263
What's New in Version 3.6
Introducing Magic Markers! Tap a stitch and Magic Marker finds the rest. Now you can:
* HIGHLIGHT them for easy reading (for example, make all ssk pink, k2tog blue, and cdd yellow). Works for wide stitches like cables too.
* COUNT them so its easy to tell how many are in a stretch.
* COLOR them so your colorwork chart can match your knitting and you can see how your chosen colors will look before you knit.
This release also includes:
* An expanded color palette.
* Access to modify the setup of projects created from kCDesigns.
* Access to knit from your full kCProjects after your subscription expires.
* Variety of bug fixes and general stability improvements.
As someone who paid a ridiculous amount for this app very close to launch and was promised "full knit companion" for life when it changed to subscription, I was quite disappointed to find that the developer is using every single loophole she can find to wring an extra penny from the original customers on whose backs the app was built. "Full knitCompanion" has now changed to "legacy subscription". Hello, I didn't subscribe. I bought it outright. Now the customers who defended her pricing decisions and told every knitter they met about this new wonder called knitCompanion are treated like ungrateful cast offs for wanting communication before she removes features we already paid for and putting them into subscription bundles.
Be careful if you dip your toes into these waters. The prices seem reasonable right now but there's been talk of the bundle price continually increasing as features are added.
Oh, and the new addition, Magic Markers, does not work as advertised on many popular lace charts. Conversation with the developer reveals that she does not take these concerns seriously and she suggested I fiddle with the settings and things would be okay. Sure, I paid $4 for a feature that does not work, and the developer doesn't care. Nice. I already fiddled with the very limited tweaks available.
Not worth the new price
I’m a programmer and developer and I found the app had a HUGE learning curve, but thought for the one time price it was OK, simply to keep track of where I was in a text pattern as well as a chart. Just updated and discovered the new pricing. ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH THE NEW PRICE. For a one time purchase it was steep, for annual it is absolutely ridiculous.
Tutorial videos contained Sammy the sheep, who made me homicidal…the sheep sounded like someone talking down to an extremely slow 1 year-old. a..n..d..they….talked…..so…..slowly…….you’d……give…….up……..before………getting……..needed…………information
Bait & Switch
Paid way more for this app than it was worth a couple of years ago for extra features and because they stated I would get updates for life. Shortly after that they updated the free version so it had many of the features I paid for. Now they have switched to charging a subscription price for the updates and removing features from the lifetime version to try to force people to buy the updates. The app can be useful, but is difficult to use and not worth what they'll soak you for it.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 139 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Create2Thive LLP
- © Create2Thrive Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- kC Bundle (1yr)$10.99
- Magic Markers (1yr)$3.99
- kC Bundle (30 Days)$0.99
- Setup (1yr)$9.99