Knobility is an app for building graphical user interfaces which can be used for documenting the knob settings of physical devices. The intended use is for audio engineering session documentation, however Knobility is general enough to suit any applications in which keeping track of knobs is important.
- On the "Desktop" you can add "Gear" and "Knobs" via the Photo Library, Camera, and/or Dropbox. You can also add Gear and Knobs to other Gear.
- Knobs can then be rotated so their settings can be recalled and printed in a Report.
- You may also draw on the Desktop or on Gear, e.g., to take notes via handwriting or to show arrows denoting signal path.
- A text-based note-taking and metadata editor is also available.
(Longer) Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80RcYVdQx00
Tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE6YJDyfM4
Main website: http://www.scotthawley.com/knobility/
Start by taking a photo of your gear, or downloading the applicable photo from the web, then add knobs to it.
Your works can be saved and shared via Dropbox upload & download. Build your perfect rig either all at once or assemble it piecemeal from files created by others!
If you prefer to write on Front Panel Recall sheets, download one from the web and import its image into Knobility to be a new piece of Gear.
To construct a mixing console, build and save one channel strip, and then add it multiple times to the base
Future ("Pro") features:
- Include other indicator objects such faders, switches and pushbuttons.
- Enable custom knobs.
- "Social" platform to more easily facilitate sharing of works built with Knobility.
- More Grammy P&E templates in Notes
- Additional stability improvements
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.