Where to next? KOA now offers the most complete camping app on the market. Whether you prefer to camp in your RV, the luxury of cabins, or like to rough it in a tent, KOA has got you covered! The KOA app offers 450+ locations to choose from across the US and Canada. With location service enabled you are able to find a KOA near you with just 1-touch!
Features of the KOA App
• Search and filtering capability allows you to find the perfect campground and site to fit your needs.
• Search by city, state, or campground name.
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod
• Map your nearby location or browse the map for your destination.
• Locations are stored on the device, no need to have an internet or data connection to find our locations.
• Very responsive even when service is not available
• 1-touch mapping to find KOAs nearest to your location
• Campground info helps you contact the campground explains each campgrounds unique offerings
• With a data or internet connection you are able to make reservation right through the app!
• Value Kard Reward membership account summary.
• SaveAround partnership accès for Value Kard Rewards members.
• Set Favorite campground or view recent campgrounds you have visited within the app.
• Visit the settings, and set your notifications to get updates from your favorite campgrounds
• Switch between English and Metric when calculating distances
• Adding campground comments to campground reviews
• Fix for VKR Invalid Password messaging
• Adding pull to refresh for VKR Summary and Reservations
• Updates to Feedback form
• Adding campground email address to campground view
• New campground data
Ratings and Reviews
KOA’s are great; KOA’s app needs to catch up
Look, I love KOA. I normally tent camp or use the single room cabins without a bathroom. That said, the KOA app is in need of some help. The biggest issue with the app is the fact that it crashes (completely closes) when certain KOA’s are selected and I enter the check availability stage. When I’m planning week to two week long road trips (usually staying at multiple KOA’s), this becomes very annoying as I need to move to the laptop. What’s the point of an app if I have to use my laptop. I’d say this happens in one of five KOA’s within the app. This is based on my experience. This also becomes very problematic when I want to change my trip on the fly. This usually requires me to pull over to call the KOA and/reservation center. It’s not a end all be all, but it is really frustrating in the moment.
It’d also be nice to have a feature that allows you to set your date(s) and see the availability with a predefined geographic location versus visiting each KOA’s reservation site within the app.
Overall, it’s good. However, with some improvements the app could really be great.
Camping and cabins
I would like to say that I've enjoyed staying at various KOA's and have enjoyed them all. We used to camp with trailers but do to my health issues camping with trailers has become an problem. So we have recently starting staying in KOA cabins when possible. Recently we stayed for three days at the KOA in Lafayette, LA in a handicap accessible cabin and the place is well kept. As to this app, I'm well pleased. We are planning a trip in late July into Aug. and we have already made several reservations. Thank you for all.
Works great after KOA told me the fix I needed!
This app has work very well for me, especially since I got the one bug fixed that was irksome in the early stages. I asked KOA's IT people why the "search for nearby campground" simply would not work on my iPad, and I got a quick and accurate reply. After applying their suggested fix, I have had no problems at all. This is one of the more helpful apps out there in my experience. Keep up the good work, folks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.