By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.1
Here’s what’s new for v7.1:
1. A new Home screen featuring your recent reading activity and monthly stats.
2. Easier access to key terms, author info and public notes directly from your book’s menu.
3. Expanded support for books and magazines with built-in media, such as graphics and videos.
Won’t Sync / No Bookmarks
I like supporting Kobo and I like a lot about this app, particularly the scrolling function of the iPhone version, but after trying very hard to use it as a Kindle replacement I’m going to have to throw in the towel. Syncing across devices is spotty at best, and is a deal killer for me. If there were a manual sync button somewhere that could help this problem a lot. Barring that, if there were some sort of bookmarking feature that could also have alleviated a lot of my problems, but it lacks that also. I’m hopeful that eventually these features get fixed or expanded, otherwise there’s a lot to like about the app.
I Love It
I have used Kobo since the very first reader came out. Now I have the app on my iPad. It has only gotten better and better! But, no matter what bells and whistles they add to the app the fundamental thing that I've loved from the beginning is that I can carry multiple books with me wherever I go. I always have a book to read and that is the best part of all!
An ebook feels like a book finally
I like that turning pages consistently displays the word same word positioning. I also appreciate then social networking features as well as the links to outside resources related to the reading. This app was designed by passionate and intelligent readers! Say goodbye to paper, hello to epaper -- at last!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 44.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.