Kobo Books – Reading App
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of readers love Kobo! Join them today and enjoy over 5 million titles at your fingertips. Read them conveniently on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The Kobo Reading App has the best features for a comfortable and convenient reading experience:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text and adjust to the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Get free previews for thousands of eBooks to help you find your next great read.
• Pick up right where you left off and never lose your spot. The Kobo Reading App will automatically sync your bookmarks, notes and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love for reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from the eBooks you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese or Japanese.
What's New in Version 8.5.1
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• By popular demand, you can once again choose Cover View to see your library items.
• Having trouble navigating your huge library? Drag through it faster with the scrollbar on the side.
• Just like with other apps, you can now click on the tab button to return to the top of the page.
• For each item on your Books page, you can now add it directly to a collection by tapping the More Options button (three dots).
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
New Kobo Version
I really like this app. I've been using Kobo for a long time. If I'm not using the Kindle app, I'm using this one. I gave four stars because it's not perfect. It's really good, but not perfect. And really, the only problem I have is when trying to go back to my library, while reading a book. I'm on an IPad Air 2, and for some reason, it is difficult to get the back feature to show itself, and stay long enough to touch it. It disappears, quickly. It's a great app, and close to perfect. Thanks!
Not a good eBook reading app
The interface is not user-friendly. When you tried to bookmark a page but the upper menu was always there and you wouldn't able to disable it. And also when I finished one chapter, and I clicked the right side, it just went back to the beginning of the chapter. Etc. etc. I've used iBook, Kindle, Google play but none of them have such issues. Frustrated using this app!!!
Not a page turner
The only reason I'm using this app is because it supports my local independent bookstore. Bookmarking a page doesn't guarantee that the app will open on it. Instead, I spend several minutes scrolling through the book looking for it. The other problems are too numerous to list. I'd rather buy the hard copy than continue the frustration.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 01, 2017
- Version: 8.5.1
- Size: 143 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2016 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.