Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.7
• Start reading right away! Enjoy Kobo’s eReading experience with instant book previews, even if you don’t have a free Kobo account yet.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Ok but not great
The app basically does what it is supposed to, but I have been having some problems. I try to turn the page and get "a can't load next chapter error," and have to quit the app entirely to get it to load. Also, the feature where it syncs to other devices you've used is buggy and doesn't always take you to the correct page.
My favorite reading app
I read a lot on the Kindle app (on iPhone) and the Kobo app. Kobo has a much better user experience and navigation than the Kindle app. Much prefer reading on this one.
Unfriendly reading app
Although I had finished the 3-combo Marie Force books, I find the Kobo app slow and difficult to navigate. It would probably be the last book I will buy from Kobo. It had taken me a long time to read these 3 books and if not for the fact I like Marie Force's books and paid for them, I would not have had the patience to read them on the Kobo app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 15, 2015
- Version: 7.7
- Size: 78.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.