By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.2
1. A brand new Themes feature to customize your Library and Home screen, including time-based themes that subtly change throughout the day.
2. Two new reading themes to choose from: try Cyan for a cool blue tone, or Charcoal for a darker experience that’s not quite as black as Night.
3. Overall performance improvements, and bug fixes for crashes happening with particular books.
4. Improved support for read-along books, page breaks, and more.
Acceptable, but needs some work
Using the Kobo app due to the demise of the Sony eReader store. Loads quickly and doesn't have to refresh each time, just takes you to where you left off reading. Have encountered numerous blank pages which are a bit annoying. Biggest issue is the inability to sort library by author, although I can do so when online, I'd like to do it on my iPad. Also, 17 books I had purchased through Sony aren't available on Kobo. Another annoyance.
I was wanting a app that was my personal library with all my favorite books and books used for school so when I got the first iPad I stumbled upon kobo and now I downloaded it to every iPad I have so I honestly think there isn't any app that I think is as amazing as this
I love this app, it is extremely convenient. The downloading tool comes in handy when you aren't around wifi, you're still able to read your books. I purchase my books from Kobo and read them on my iPad. This is the PERFECT app:)
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 08, 2014
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.