Koder Code Editor
By Fauzan Hamdi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad"
-- GIZMODO / App of the day --
"Koder’s simple yet efficient interface is designed for touch editing. At just $5.99, you get an editor with a well-designed interface at a great price. If you want to code with your trusty iPad, then Koder is for you."
-- AppAdvice --
"An accomplished code editor for many programming languages"
-- 148Apps --
"Editing code on your iPad should never be that difficult again"
"The developers at iCodeLabs have done a great job optimizing the iPad’s real estate for code editing"
"The app for instant project creation and code editing, perfect for developers and programmers on the go."
-- Koder was listed on the App Store as a 'Staff Favorites' in 82 countries --
Koder is a code editor for iPad and iPhone. It does have many features including syntax highlighting, snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace code, editor theme, remote and local files connections, and many more.
With Koder you can code anytime and anywhere, no matter if you're at your desk or while on the go
- Code Autocomplete
- Code Function list
- Access and Manage your Dropbox, (S)FTP, webdav and local files easily
- Built In Terminal (SSH Client)
- Built In Snippet Manager
- Tabbed editing
- Extra Keyboard with Custom Key
- iOS8 Document Picker Support to open/import/export other app files from/to Koder
- Find and replace code
- Previewer Browser with Firebug Support + View Source function
- Editor theme with Custom Theme Editor
- Extra Key / Additional Keys on Virtual Keyboard with open+close brackets keys
- Screen-Lock, Manual and Auto Lock
- Extracting Zip File on Local project
- Sophisticated File Browser
- iOS "Open In" support, from Koder to other app - vice versa
- Change file/folder permission (CHMOD) on FTP/SFTP projects
- Folder Synchronization between Local Project and FTP Project
- Uploading files from desktop from browser or iTunes sharing
- Expandable editing space
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- and many more …
Watch Koder on YouTube :
What's New in Version 3.4.2
- Fixed previewer issue for iOS 9.1
False Support Claims
Koder is a great app but they have very little info and documentation on it including the built in manual.
I purchased it because the developer claims it supports LSL (Linden Scripting Language). Sadly it doesn't recognize any LSL syntax and I just wasted $5.
Please make an effort to document and detail every coding language you support because I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. I immediately turned around and bought TEXTASTIC which documents and is confirmed to support LSL.
One thing missing
I really like this app and all that it offers. The only thing that is missing for me is the ability to sync between devices if it were not for that I would have given it a higher rating.
Best IDE for on the go
The integrated FTP client, allowing instant edits is fantastic. I wish there was a web based version of this app, I'd use it exclusively over codeanywhere.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2015
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fauzan Hamdi
- © 2015 iCodeLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.