Koder Code Editor
By Fauzan Hamdi
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
HOLIDAY SALE - 30% OFF
"Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad"
-- GIZMODO / App of the day --
"Koder’s simple yet efficient interface is designed for touch editing. At just $5.99, you get an editor with a well-designed interface at a great price. If you want to code with your trusty iPad, then Koder is for you."
-- AppAdvice --
"An accomplished code editor for many programming languages"
-- 148Apps --
"Editing code on your iPad should never be that difficult again"
"The developers at iCodeLabs have done a great job optimizing the iPad’s real estate for code editing"
"The app for instant project creation and code editing, perfect for developers and programmers on the go."
-- Koder was listed on the App Store as a 'Staff Favorites' in 82 countries --
Koder is a code editor for iPad and iPhone. It does have many features including syntax highlighting, snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace code, editor theme, remote and local files connections, and many more.
With Koder you can code anytime and anywhere, no matter if you're at your desk or while on the go
- Code Autocomplete
- Code Function list
- Access and Manage your Dropbox, (S)FTP, webdav and local files easily
- Built In Terminal (SSH Client)
- Built In Snippet Manager
- Tabbed editing
- Extra Keyboard with Custom Key
- iOS8 Document Picker Support to open/import/export other app files from/to Koder
- Find and replace code
- Previewer Browser with View Source function
- Editor theme with Custom Theme Editor
- Extra Key / Additional Keys on Virtual Keyboard with open+close brackets keys
- Screen-Lock, Manual and Auto Lock
- Extracting Zip File on Local project
- Sophisticated File Browser
- iOS "Open In" support, from Koder to other app - vice versa
- Change file/folder permission (CHMOD) on FTP/SFTP projects
- Folder Synchronization between Local Project and FTP Project
- Uploading files from desktop from browser or iTunes sharing
- Expandable editing space
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- and many more …
Watch Koder on YouTube :
What's New in Version 3.4.3
- Code maintenance to provide better support for latest iOS version
Welp, I Just Wasted $2.99...
I really want to like this IDE, especially since I'm an avid user of GoCodeEdit, but there's so much wrong with the UI on my iPad. the entire coding evironment seems to be "raised" just enough to encase the entire "line 1" part of the script behind the iPad's top information bar (i.e., where the conectivity, time, etc. is located).
I bought it on a long shot that the firebug console was going to top/beat CGE's. It appeared to, until I launched firebug and tried to access the command line, which seems to be just below the bottom of my screen. When I attempt to "long-tap-drag" the screen, with the console/ environment moving simultaneously in sync with my touch gesture, the command line emerges; this is where I try to focus the command line and everything "flings" back to below the bottom of the iPad's screen.
Get it togeter guys. I'm not going to request a refund, because I want to see you all succeed. I'd like to call this my "Go to editor."
Not the best
App shows promise but it crashes a lot. The developer support site link from the App Store does not work and the help isn't very helpful. I bought this for supercollider syntax highlighting but can find any instruction on how to set that. It also is not optimized for the 12.9 iPad Pro screen
Don't waste your money...unusable
Poorly supported app and unusable