"Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad"
-- GIZMODO / App of the day --
"Koder’s simple yet efficient interface is designed for touch editing. At just $5.99, you get an editor with a well-designed interface at a great price. If you want to code with your trusty iPad, then Koder is for you."
-- AppAdvice --
"An accomplished code editor for many programming languages"
-- 148Apps --
"Editing code on your iPad should never be that difficult again"
"The developers at iCodeLabs have done a great job optimizing the iPad’s real estate for code editing"
"The app for instant project creation and code editing, perfect for developers and programmers on the go."
-- Koder was listed on the App Store as a 'Staff Favorites' in 82 countries --
Koder is a code editor for iPad and iPhone. It does have many features including syntax highlighting, snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace code, editor theme, remote and local files connections, and many more.
With Koder you can code anytime and anywhere, no matter if you're at your desk or while on the go
- Code Autocomplete
- Code Function list
- Access and Manage your Dropbox, (S)FTP, webdav and local files easily
- Built In Terminal (SSH Client)
- Tabbed editing
- Extra Keyboard with Custom Key (Snippet)
- Document Picker Support to open/import/export other app files from/to Koder
- Find and replace code
- Previewer Browser with View Source function
- Editor theme with Custom Theme Editor
- Extra Key / Additional Keys on Virtual Keyboard with open+close brackets keys
- Screen-Lock, Manual and Auto Lock
- Extracting Zip File on Local project
- Sophisticated File Browser
- iOS "Open In" support, from Koder to other app - vice versa
- Change file/folder permission (CHMOD) on FTP/SFTP projects
- Folder Synchronization between Local Project and FTP Project
- Uploading files from desktop from browser or iTunes sharing
- Expandable editing space
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- and many more …
Watch Koder on YouTube :
- Added support for multitasking
- Fixed some bugs for smart punctuation
- Other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Does not talk to Cloud
The only cloud interfaces seem to be DropBox and something called WebDav, whatever that is. No apparent support for OneDrive, Google Drive, or iCloud. It may be a good, even great, editor, but without full cloud support it is useless to me. My projects live on OneDrive and Google Drive, decisions not under my control since the projects are shared. I can’t change the locations, and I can’t access them. So this app is longer interesting to me.
Great app still in 2018
Used this app back on my iPhone 5 in high school and still use it on my iPhone 8+ still great app for making home files
Koder no longer works with Dropbox on iPad
Hangs in an endless loop when attemping to open Dropbox directory. Useless
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.