Koi Pond HD Lite
By The Blimp Pilots
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the creator of the original smash hit Koi Pond for iPhone and iPod Touch:
"...the app's gorgeous graphics and crazy level of customization should convert any koi-skeptic." - Gizmodo.com
Don't be fooled by the imitators.
If you liked Koi Pond, you'll love Koi Pond HD Lite.
• The most realistic water simulation and fish behavior
• The most beautiful graphics and soothing sounds
• Designed exclusively to take advantage of the power of the iPad
Imagine gazing into a pond of crystal clear water.
Picture bright, playful koi swimming through its shallow depths.
So close…Can you touch them?
You run your fingers across the cool surface of the pond.
Water ripples away from your touch.
The koi, disturbed, dart away.
Only to quickly forget and swim close to you once more...
Now imagine all of this on your iPad!
Koi Pond HD Lite by The Blimp Pilots
Rich new features only possible with the power of the iPad:
• Amazing new high-resolution graphics: Your pond has never looked so real!
• Beautiful, dynamic, multi-touch reactive water.
• Change between multiple pond themes.
• Relaxing ambient sound track.
• Feed your koi by shaking your iPad.
• Hold your finger on the surface of the pond and watch the hungry koi nibble your finger.
FULL VERSION FEATURES (available if you purchase Koi Pond HD)
• Powerful and easy-to-use pond editor: Light, decorate, and personalize your pond.
• New creatures: populate your pond with turtles and fireflies.
• Fully control your pond: select the breed and number of koi, what ambient sounds are playing, the color and murkiness of the water, and much more!
What's New in Version 1.5
iOS5 Compatibility Fixes
Beautiful but not yet as good as the iPhone version
While the environment is GORGEOUS, the koi are not yet up to par. The koi graphics are too cookie cutter shape and size and they don't move as well as those in the iPhone app. They don't swim much, they just kind of hang there and drift. Also, as another reviewer pointed out, the koi have no shadows. Are these vampire koi? The shadows in the iPhone version really enhanced the overall effect. The other disappointment is not being able to rearrange the lily pads, I'm not sure why that's so fun, but it is. All in all, it's pretty, but I'm glad I downloaded the free version first. Oh, and it may just be a setting on my iPad isn't exactly right, but as far as I can tell there should be sound and there isn't.
It's not very interactive which is fine for anyone just looking for a beautiful scenery.
However there is one thing that really bugs me- the fish don't have shadows.
Everything else does, so why not the fish?
It is an awesome game. I would definitely recommend it to all ages. It is just the perfect game.