Komae: All Sitters. One Place.
Friendly favors & paid sitters scheduled with a Tap. No more texting around to find help with the kids.
Communicate with all the friends, family, and paid sitters that you trust to watch your kids. We call this your Sitter Village. In fact, Komae (ko’-may) means Village in Greek!
WHO’S IN YOUR VILLAGE?
Your personal Sitter Village is made up of three kinds of people:
1. SWAPPERS- parent friends who swap free sits for Komae Points to keep it fair.
2. SITTERS- paid babysitters that you pay cash at the door.
3. ANGELS- family and friends that don’t need sitting themselves. No points. No cash.
HOW IT WORKS
• Send friend requests to friends, family, and sitters you trust.
• Create a sit request.
• Hand select people in your village you want to notify.
• They offer if they’re free or ignore if they’re busy.
• You accept the offer that works best for you.
• The app adds it to your phone calendar. Voila!
Part of a local organization, club, school, or neighborhood? Create or join a Group to see the members list and easily send friend requests to those you want to swap sits with. Group discounts available; just ask!
Want to make new friends? You can search parents within 5-50 miles. Use Komae to suggest a playdate, meetup at a park, get to know each other, and build a relationship. Then send them a friend request to add them to your Sitter Village and start swapping sits.
KOMAE POINT BANK
The app auto-calculates and transfers points between Swappers as you give and receive care to keep it fair.
Use our calendar to coordinate playdates, mom’s night out, group meetings & more.
SHARE. DON’T SPEND.
This app was created by two moms, for parents everywhere. Moms who want free time, want to save money for their family, and want to help their friends, too. We’re bringing village back, so you can bring date night back!
• Komae is free to join, create your profile, connect with friends, and offer to help without exchanging points.
• Membership Subscription - Charged Monthly - Gives your account the ability to post sit requests and participate in sit swaps for points.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Check out answers to our FAQ’s - https://www.mykomae.com/faq/
* Added pet profiles
Ratings and Reviews
Effortless to swap babysitting
I first downloaded Komae to swap babysitting within my MOMS Club co-op, but I love that I can also swap sits with friends outside the co-op as well, using a universal points system. The option to send the sit request only to my chosen friends or groups is great—sometimes my kids don’t click well with a friend’s kids and it’s nice to avoid the awkwardness of not choosing her to sit. 🙂
I would like the “directions” button to allow me to open in Google Maps, not Apple maps (Apple maps is awful in my region!)
I saw that another reviewer thinks the positive reviews are fake and the app is “pointless.” 🤷🏻♀️ I am a real person living in the Midwest. Komae is hugely helpful to me because I have friends who use Komae. If you don’t have friends, or if you don’t tell them about Komae, I can see how the app wouldn’t be useful to you yet.
Hey there! So happy you're enjoying Komae and the versatility that it can bring when growing your village of friends and groups. Always thankful for helpful feedback like this!
I’ve enjoyed using this app with friends. We are getting our village going, and it’s been slow, but exciting to watch. The concept is more successful, as you build a larger/local village.
As we’ve been using it, whenever we notice issues or glitches, or even have had ideas, I’ve emailed them to the creators and they are very responsive. Sometimes they already have the suggestion on their to-do list, or they haven’t noticed it and fix it! That’s pretty cool.
You're right, MarylandMama24! We love hearing feedback from our customers and improving our app accordingly. Glad that we've been helpful to you and that you're getting that village rockin' and rollin'!
No $$$$ Required!
I love using Komae! I can easily send out a request to all my friends for a quick response instead of texting each of them individually! My kids get to play, I become better friends with the other parents in real life & I get time alone, time for an appointment or time at my other children’s school. Best yet it doesn’t cost money! Customer service is very responsive for a quick question I had! Love it!
- Komae Inc
- 17.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Komae, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Komae Membership - Monthly $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.