By Instant Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to kōnane, a game played by the ancient people of Hawaiʻi! Legend has is that King Kamehameha could not be defeated. Can you become a master of kōnane as well?
--- FEATURES ---
- Learn to play by viewing the tutorial. Gameplay is similar to checkers.
- Play games on an 8 by 8 board.
- Many ways to play; play against the device, share and play, or play against your friends using Game Center.
- Earn your place on leaderboards and obtain achievements.
- Various settings to control aspects such as difficulty and the inclusion of hints.
- Beautiful graphics to include coral and lava rock playing pieces.
- Hawaiian glossary with visual and audio pronunciations.
Very nice and realistic gameplay. Tested on a device running iOS 5.1.1 and another device running iOS 7.1.2. Though this game has not been improved in a while I would like to see the following additions made: Option to choose board size such as 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, & 9x10. The ability to choose which first piece is removed by each player since there may be some strategy involved on the part of the second player on deciding whether to remove his piece nearer to the center or nearer to one side. When a winner is declared, display the banner in a way so that it does not obscure view of the board. Players need to be able to analyze the outcome of the game. On a 4-in-a-row game that I downloaded, the banner is narrow so that it does not cover any row completely and somewhat opaque so that it may be easily seen through. Also, please add Bluetooth and Wi-Fi play since players might not always be available in the Game Center or online. Also, if there is to be any sort of scoring as I noticed in the Game Center such as least number of moves, number of pieces taken, and number of points accumulated, then these statistics should be displayed somewhere on the screen, perhaps at the bottom, and in a locally stored leaderboard list. Lastly, the option for a player to specify his or her own name should also be made available. This long wish list may be a lot to ask, but perhaps such improvements will lead to greater popularity of this ancient game in the 21st century.
Great version of Konane! I'm glad I bought it!
Great game ... Reasoning game for any age
- Category: Games
- Released: Jan 07, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Instant Interactive
- © 2012 Instant Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.