The next evolution in music software. Powerful wavetable sound.
The next generation ELECTRIBE produces state-of-the-art dance music.
The ELECTRIBE series first appeared in 1999. Since then each generation has inherited the iconic, intuitive operability of the original while incorporating the most up-to-date sounds and styles.
The ease of use, accessibility, sound and musicality of the ELECTRIBE reach new heights in this latest software version which features a powerful wavetable sound source, a “Quick Input” sequencer and a convenient chord pad that allows you to play a chord with one finger. Even if you aren't a musical virtuoso, with ELECTRIBE Wave you can create state-of-the-art dance music like EDM, Future Bass, and Trap.
• Powerful wavetable sound suitable for the latest in EDM
ELECTRIBE Wave has a sound wavetable featuring sounds widely used in the latest music creation. Unlike a PCM synth, the wavetable allows you to repeatedly play fragments of short waveforms, and change the waveform position during playback. By combining the wavetable (which features a rich variety of presets) with a powerful filter and two modulation units, you can create an infinite number of innovative and sharp sounds that cannot be produced using standard PCM synths. Even without a deep knowledge of synthesis techniques, the carefully selected parameters make it easy to craft your sound.
• Improved user interface for quick composition
The familiar 16-step pad in the ELECTRIBE series enables speedy rhythm production. The ELECTRIBE Wave also features a new keyboard to play chords and scales. Even without musical knowledge, you can have fun making tracks without worrying about wrong notes. The sequencer features Groove, which can be used to breathe life into rhythm parts, as well as a special keyboard to enable smooth step input for synth parts on the graphical user interface.
• Convenient chord pad that allows you to play a chord with one finger
ELECTRIBE Wave features a chord pad that allows you to play chords with one finger. If you use the "Fetch" function, it will automatically extract the chords from the song that you are in in the middle of creating and assign those chords to the pad for fast and easy song creation. You can also easily assign and save your favorite chords. In addition you can use the arpeggiator to create new phrases!
• Motion Sequence records and plays temporal changes in sounds and effects
The ELECTRIBE series introduced a powerful motion sequence function that remembers and reproduces the movements of the knobs. ELECTRIBE Wave now offers this function for the synthesizer/drum parts so you can create a flow of sound overflowing with originality. If you use the built in KAOSS PAD you can change the sound to drastically with a single fingertip, easily storing and reproducing temporal changes. Remember the wave table POSITION to make real time minute changes to the sound performance.
• Song mode can combine patterns into finished songs
Use song mode to create a new track by simply arranging the order of existing patterns. Using only the ELECTRIBE Wave, you can take a song all the way from inspiration to completion. With audio file export, you can send a complete song or individual patterns to your favorite DAW, or upload to services like SoundCloud.
More info at korg.com
• Now supports iPhone.
• Now supports KORG Native Mode.
• Now comes with preset synthesizer programs.
• Other improvements and bug-fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Could have a winner on their hands.
They were so close to nailing this. They got most of the fundamentals right, but seem to have rushed it out before polishing it to perfection.
Cons: No metronome, instead each supposedly empty pattern has a 4 on the floor kick pre-programmed, which is just lazy and annoying. Still stuck with outdated IAA instead of going with AU. It could really use an undo system to speed up workflow.. And last but not least, the biggest drawback is no sample or wavetable import ability and while it includes 140 wavetables and PCMs in addition to a healthy number of drum samples, they only bothered to create 25 presets.
Pros: It sounds wicked amazing. The lack of synth presets drawback is offset by the fact that it’s super easy to program incredible sounds with it — one of the simplest iOS synths to work with. Excellent modulation and automation system, beautiful sounding effects, very straightforward UI, with an efficient sequencing interface.. It’s a super quick workflow, allowing you to create complete songs with relative ease. I find it inspirational and loads of fun. Highly recommend, though I do hope Korg updates some of the problem areas and expands its functionality, even if it means selling us IAP with feature-set improvements. Just please don’t charge us for preset packs, when you should have included at-least 25 more to begin with.
Thank you for the review.
I'll share your requests with the dev team.
KORG app team
There’s a problem with the erase button
And that problem is it erases notes already in the sequencer AND any new notes you play. Please make it so it erases only old notes in the sequencer while allowing new ones to be recorded, auto erase replace style. If you need help, look at older versions of Gadget which had this feature before it was sadly removed. This will allow users, if desired, to hold down the erase button and continue to play/record patterns until they capture the perfect take. No more having to clear a bad take in the utility menu, or touching it up with the sequencer page, just jamming. It could be an advertised cool feature. It would also allow the erase button to be played musically right along with the keys, to replace short snippets or even single notes. Lots of fun. Also, please add an undo button for recording and consider allowing the Kaoss pad to play notes mapped to the current scale for more fun recording purposes. The app sounds nice, the chord mode is killer. A modified erase button function would get this 5 stars from me. It’s that useful.
Hello, Thank you for the review. I'll share your comment with the dev team. Best regards, KORG app team
Great music production tool!
Hey KORG well done! Even though you have many products you still managed to bring something fresh to the table. I have the Electribe 2 and this tool provides additional sound capabilities and faster production work-flow.
Here some suggestions for future updates:
- Add Song skipping and total project time
- Auto load latest project that the user worked on (must have)
- Group selected song patterns for quick add on and for better organization based on current project or performance
- Add matrix tab with additional automation capabilities
- Allow to connect external KORG app similar to Gadget app
- Duplicate pattern button in song mode (must have)
- Export wav song/pattern per channel to Apple files folder
- Export& import user program bank
- Backup to Apple files folder
- Effects tab with additional fx combination (can be limited based on hardware resources... single fx per sound is limiting)
- Loop in song mode (will help to decide which channel to mute when arranging song)
- Make it work with the Electribe 2 (mid-out, song mode, 16 Channels)
- recording/sampling for wave-tables
- For better scale representation mark the keys under the sequence mode (currently the user must click on the vertical keyboard in order to see the pre select scale)
- KORG INC.
- 155 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 KORG INC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.