The ultimate mobile instruments collection on your iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone. KORG Gadget - the all-in-one music production studio.
KORG Gadget has received numerous awards from around the world:
• Apple: "App Store Best of 2014" in Japan
• #1 in the Top Paid Music iPad App category*
• TECH AWARD 2015 "Best Music Production App"
• MusicTech's "Gear of the Year: Best App" Gold Award
• “Musikmesse international press award 2016” Mobile Music App
* USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and much more!
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 30* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that KORG has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It's the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
* The total number of gadgets including in-app purchases etc.
• A collection of more than 30 Gadgets
Each Gadget available contains carefully constructed parameters to bring you the sounds you want. They’re ideal for producing all forms of electronic music. Even inexperienced musicians can enjoy the app as each synth offers a Scale function that makes it virtually impossible to play the wrong notes.
• Design tracks in portrait or landscape. Workflow for any music production task
The greatest feature of KORG Gadget is the user interface. It gives you an ideal music production workflow based mainly on the portrait orientation that you're familiar with. When you want to focus on specifics, you can smoothly switch to landscape orientation. This app perfectly supports either preference on the iPad, iPhone, or iPad Pro. From song production to sound design, effects, and mixing, all the steps are intuitive and seamless. Experience perfect music production on mobile!
• Produce music more freely without location limitations. An ideal choice as a second DAW
If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget somewhere that you find inspirational. Gadget liberates you from limitations of location, allowing you to create and capture song ideas anywhere. These ideas can be saved as MIDI or as audio to allow a smooth transition to your desktop system. Wherever you go, take Gadget along as the ideal partner for inspiration.
• Share songs to the GadgetCloud to connect with users around the world
Songs that you create using KORG Gadget can be shared on “GadgetCloud,” a music exchange for Gadget users worldwide. By uploading and sharing songs, you can communicate in ways that bypass language barriers, and also improve your skill as a creative artist. On GadgetCloud, you can submit your songs for selection as tracks recommended by Korg, enter various contents, and use the ranking system. You can also upload from Gadget directly to any social networking service such as SoundCloud, Facebook, or Twitter, to name a few.
* GadgetCloud is based on SoundCloud, the cloud service that's supported by creative artists world-wide.
• Make it come alive with new MIDI controllers. Accelerate the pace of your music production
To customize your needs, you can freely choose a MIDI controller that complements the KORG Gadget. With the nanoKEY Studio/nanoKONTROL Studio, you can step-record and mix wirelessly as setup is automatic, making this easy and convenient. You can also opt to choose the microKEY Air, a compact mini-keyboard that can also connect wirelessly and via the Apple Lightning adapter. By partnering with a MIDI controller that inspires you, you can improve the quality of your music production.
More info at korg.com
· Now supports “Organ & Clav Collection” of KORG Module.
· Improved the standard MIDI file import function.
· Now supports the transport control in the full screen view mode. (excluding iPhone 4s)
· Allihoopa service is no longer supported*.
* Allihoopa service will be closed on January 17, 2019. For more details (https://allihoopa.com/info). You can back up your project files by using “Mixtape”.
· Other improvements and bug-fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Please improve copy/paste tracks between scenes. Please!
Importing a midi file into Gadget has become so much better. Because of that I’ll add another star! Thanks to the Gadget team!
The next major improvement is the copy/paste of bars. Moving a bar from one scene to another deletes the previous bars in that scene. Gadget needs to be better at nondestructively moving around bars to different scenes. I should be able to either prepare a place to copy the information or Gadget should ask where to place it (what bar and beat) and built out the existing bar as needed. It doesn’t have to be fine tuned. Just let me copy over one or two bars nondestructively to another scene and I’ll be able to edit the rest as needed. Freedom with editing is what takes a DAW from being a toy to being a useful creative tool.
Lastly, Gadget is such a great tool. The sounds, flexibility, and features make it the top DAW for feeding your creativity. My only other request for future expansion would be more acoustic drum and bass Gadgets along with another guitar amp modeling Gadget. Add that with IR importing would bee even better!
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for your review. We also think that the copy & paste functionality is one of the points we should improve. We shared your requests with the development team. Best regards, KORG app team
I love Korg. 😎
So... this is an amazing daw. However, it could be better.
What it does well: excellent sound quality. Signature classic synths, easy to use interface. Lots of options you literally don't need any other daw, has audio input for guitar, vocals, etc... it's a beautiful feature rich daw by a brand that has a legacy that is 2nd to none.
Where it needs to improve: while the interface is unique... it is also counter intuitive to all other daws, the scroll down feature instead of left to right does not feel natural. While they try to separate themselves and stand out It's not an improvement and it feels like a struggle to visualize where things go. If this is your first daw it won't matter but when you try one in landscape you will say... " oh wow...this makes more sense." It really disrupts the flow. There is no counter, at least not one I could find that tells me song length, so I have to use a stop watch on my phone to see how long my song is? That seems like a basic feature.
Limitless creative power at your fingertips
KORG Gadget is an incredibly powerful, feature rich, music production & mobile DAW for IOS. It only took me a few sessions until I became familiar with the workflow and interface of Gadget. After which, my tracks really started to really take off. If you own Korg Module, Korg iM1, or ODYSSEi you will have 7 additional instruments in Gadget to choose from. While these additional instruments are a huge plus, they certainly are not a requirement to make brilliant tracks. Recently they have added 3 new instruments comprising; a very realistic sounding acoustic drum module with loads of kits to choose from, An electric and acoustic bass module with a wealth of options and cabinets to choose from, and an 8bit video game music module by Konami. To summarize; Korg Gadget has a very intuitive user interface with dynamic control over every track. Creating high quality music on a mobile DAW has never been this addictive. This is unequivocally by far my favorite Music Production app on iOS period.
- KORG INC.
- 1.6 GB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Bilbao $9.99
- Abu Dhabi $9.99
- Gladstone $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.