By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Korg’s ELECTRIBE·R has been coveted by dance musicians for ten years running. Today, this indispensable instrument has been reborn as a dedicated iPad app – the KORG iELECTRIBE virtual analog beatbox!
With the iELECTRIBE, sound creation is easy, fun and intuitive – just as on a vintage analog synthesizer. Simply choose a part (or sound) and touch the 16-step sequencer to quickly build a groove. This easy-to-use interface combines forces with the iPad’s 9.7” multi touch display to offer an intuitive "hardware" feel, sure to inspire and captivate the imagination of any user.
The iELECTRIBE faithfully recreates the historic ELECTRIBE·R’s entire sound engine and sequencer capabilities. In addition, it provides advanced Motion Sequencing, eight supercharged effect types, plus 64 new preset patterns that instantly allow the user to create music in a wide variety of dance and electronic music styles. Get started today!
• Analog Synthesizer Modeling; PCM Samples; Virtual Valve Force Tube Modeling
Instrument Voices (Parts):
• 8 Total : 4 percussion synthesizer parts; 4 PCM synthesizer parts
• Master Effect : Assignable per step/per part
• 8 Effect Types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Grain Shifter, Reverb, Chorus/Flanger, Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator
• Patterns : 64 steps maximum per part, Motion Sequencing can memorize all knob motions in a pattern
• Tempo : 20 - 300 BPM (with Tap tempo and Swing function)
• Pattern-set function (iELECTRIBE has no Song function)
• 160 Total : 32 preset patterns x 2 banks; 32 basic patterns x 1 bank; 32 blank patterns x 2 banks
• Audio export function (Bouncing a pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share an exported audio file online with the SoundCloud audio platform*
* You will need to register for a SoundCloud account in order to publish data on SoundCloud. A variety of choices are available, ranging from a free account that allows up to two hours of data to be uploaded to a paid account that allows unlimited time. For details, refer to the SoundCloud website: http://soundcloud.com
iELECTRIBE is a dedicated iPad app and cannot be used with iPhone and iPod touch.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.2
• Improves the stability of the Beat Flutter function
• Fixes a compatibility issue when using KORG Native Mode in iOS 6
• A few bugs have also been addressed, improving operational operational stability
Running on iOS 5.1.1, 1st gen iPad.
The delays are gorgeous and very flexible. The reverb, rather lofi, even trashy, but in keeping with the Electribe standard. What fascinated me the most was the range and speed of the pitch modulation... I began to get an idea of what that Frequency Modulation was all about. If I were a professor of electronic music teaching a course on synths, this app would be required study for the class.
As a musician, I've been able to get very nice genre samples from it, from chiptune, 8 bit, 80s industrial, hiphop, house, etc. The pattern bouncing is great; saves me the time of editing wavs, too. Background audio feature, also, very nice. Now, two effects or more, and a chromatic synth, closer to the ESX-1 than the ER-1, and it'd be heaven.
One minor bug, where a four part track overloaded on input data and dropped volume as recorded for the second half, the capacitation perhaps recorded as a motion sequence command. Carried over in copies, so had to be deleted and the parts recreated, which was most troublesome given the wide range on the pitch modulation. But, minor quibble, easy workaround.
I own both an Electribe EM1 and ES1 and it's amazing how close they made this app to mimic the real thing. In some ways, I actually like this more than the physical product. All of the features are solid and easy to use.
Tweaking sounds is both fun and intuitive, and even though the you're stuck with just a few stock sounds, you can tweak them to just about any sound you want.
This program requires some patience and time if you're not familiar with the Electribe products; however for me, it was pretty easy just to dive on in. It's easy to use on the surface, but there is a lot going on here if you want to get technical.
The only thing I would like to add to it is a sampler. That would put this app on a whole new level.
IMO this app was more than I was hoping for, and Korg really put out a topnotch product.
Well at least this saves me the $500 I would have spend on the
I bought this app because I read I could cut and paste sounds into the kaossilator and that it does well so that's what the first two stars are. The next three stars are missing because where are some nice beats? I was a pro dj top 3 ranker in another country before and man the beats here are kindergarten. I managed to find 5 that I cut and paste out of the whole app.
And buyers please beware that this is a drum kit machine not a full synthesizer so don't expect and synth leads or a single sexy saxophone etc.
I'm skeptical about purchasing the other synth app that korg has in the App Store because it may be skimpier than the first two I bought and I've bought almost every music production app in the store.
The korg kaossilator needs more loops: either please sell some or point us where to buy them. And this app ... Well I have a gift certificate that I was going to use to buy your hardware version but I'm going to spend it on something else.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 10, 2013
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 35.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2014 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.