The inspiringly creative Kaossilator comes to iPhone!
Korg has revolutionized the musical instrument world with their dynamic line of Kaoss products, using an intuitive X-Y pad to provide expressive musical control. The palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer placed modern music-making in the hands of thousands of musicians and non-musicians alike. Now that same excitement has been captured in the iKaossilator app for iPhone!
● Play sounds by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the screen with your finger
● Bold Visual Effects move along with your performance and add excitement
● 150 diverse built-in sounds cover any style of dance music
● Scale/Key settings allow anyone to perform with musical precision
● Easily create tracks with the loop sequencer using up to five parts
● Control loops in real time for DJ-Style live performances
● Audio Export records and saves your performance, just as you heard it
● SoundCloud allows users to share and remix loops with other users worldwide
● WIST capability allows wireless sync-start with other music apps
● AudioCopy/AudioPaste Support
● Audio Loop Import
● Seamless operation in tandem with the Kaossilator 2
■ Perform Using A Single Finger
iKaossilator uses the unique X-Y interface made famous by Korg’s entire Kaoss Line, including the original hand-held KAOSSILATOR. Create melodies and phrases simply by stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touch screen with your finger; no musical knowledge is required.
■ Bright, Colorful Visual Effects
iKaossilator is also focused on its graphic design, which shows up beautifully on the iPhone's high-quality display. The visual effects on the iPhone's display move along with your performance and add excitement. These bold, colorful graphics provide an exciting performance experience.
■ 150 Diverse Sounds Covering Many Musical Styles
Use the 150 built-in sounds to perform and produce a broad range of dance music styles including hip-hop, house, techno, dubstep, nu-disco, and electro. Enjoy the synth leads and synth bass sounds you expect from a synthesizer. The drum sounds let you play and manipulate various patterns simply by moving your finger.
■ Loop Sequencer
The built-in loop sequencer lets you layer up to five musical parts. To create a track, simply assign a loop such as synth, bass, chords, sound effects, or drums to each part. Fifty loops created by professional musicians are built-in to help you get started quickly. In addition to its track-making capabilities, this loop sequencer is also a great feature for live performance. The Mix Play feature makes it easy to enjoy live remixing; you can switch seamlessly to another loop or extract a specific part from another loop while the playback continues.
■ Audio Export
You can record your performance in real time, or export a completed loop as an audio file. By sending your creations to a Mac or PC via iTunes, you can share them with your friends or use them in a full-fledged music production. You can also upload them directly to SoundCloud.
■ Share Loops on SoundCloud
n online audio platform that's very popular among musical creators. The loops you create can be uploaded directly to SoundCloud from within the app. If you attach the loop data, it will be shared to other users' loop lists. Users worldwide will be exposed to new loops they've never heard, and can combine them with their own loops to create remixes. It's a new way of enjoying music by and unleashing your iKaossilator’s potential throughout the world.
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
• Fixed a problem that sharing function did not work properly.
• Fixed a problem that dropbox export did not work properly.
• Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has great sounds and a fairly intuitive, user friendly interface. I'd like to use it for live performances but can't seem to be able to consistently hit on a specific pitch when I'd like to. Maybe if this app had the ability to overlay some type of visible grid, it would be easier to consistently hit on a specific note or pitch. I can't use this app in live performance in it's current incarnation because it is just to random for me when trying to nail down a consistent, repeatable rhythm line and then overlay a melody. If that were possible, this app would be a TEN STAR app. If you are just into random sounds, this app is great. Another neat addition would be the ability to record live samples and manipulate those with the screen interface. I realize that would likely be a higher cost app, but the world is ready for it and NOBODY ELSE has an interface like this. Keep going, you're nearly there.
Fun way to generate musical ideas!
I love this app. I treat it like an instrument. I love that I can export the loops as audio for use in my DAW. I take them and treat them as samples in maschine, or loops in ableton live, and play with them and mangle them more. I've definitely come up with the beginnings of some killer tracks (in my opinion) with this app. It's fun, intuitive, and the sounds are pretty great! I would love to see more sound packs in the future. I also think it would be AWESOME if it could export to midi, midi control other sounds (like plug ins from my DAW). Perhaps a full blown plug-in for my DAW eventually? It would be great to have some further tweak-ability options for the sounds, or use the generated midi to apply to other instruments.
Useful for Me
I got this because I was looking for some deep bass sounds to insert into my live show. The bass sounds ended up being okayish, but there are enough sounds in here that there's a strong chance everyone will find some that they like.
I like several of the Leads, the Acoustics --while not sounding especially acoustic-- do sound interesting, and there are a bunch of the sound effects ones that I really like.
Would be great if future versions were more customizable and had MIDI, but I still have to say it was well worth the price.
- KORG INC.
- 60.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2016 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- EDM Sound Set $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.