By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.4
• iOS 8 compatible
• Fixed crash during startup on iOS 8
• Fixed crash when zooming in the edit panels
• Bug fixes and improvements
Monosynth Mobile Master's Program
Since the original MS20 (or the mini) isn't really something you carry around and start playing at, say: the airport, or in a car, this app gives you a really close emulation of the synth and a sequencer to experiment with and get astoundingly life-like results. Really impressive app. Great reproduction of panel, sonics, character, and functions/features.
When you aren't with your synths, this app furnishes you with limitless and useable synthesis power. I even tried some tricky patches from using the hardware version (namely: the paraphony via sample and hold trick), and it does just what it should. If you're a synthesis dork like me, you'll likely love it. Five star app.
Best iOS synth out there
I love this synth. I was considering getting the hardware version but thought I'd try this before shelling out the money. The presets are great but the real fun comes with making your own and experimenting. There is definitely a learning curve and it certainly helps to know what the knobs and patches are for but, you'll figure it out just tweeting around. People have things to say about Korgs pricing and whatnot but the fact of the matter is its worth every penny. Amazing sound and endless modulation are what this app is all about.
Having spent many hours with its analog counterpart, I find myself increasingly impressed by how well this manages to emulate the MS-20 hardware. They sound and behave in very similar ways, I've no hesitation in declaring this app to be a fine substitution the hardware in almost any context. There are differences, to be sure... Both hardware/software have their benefits and detriments... But the fact remains - this is a truly impressive emulation, an incredibly powerful modular synthesizer, available on a touchscreen device. This future I like very much.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 06, 2014
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2015 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.