By KORG INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Creating sounds with time-varying timbre, on your mobile device.
KORG iWAVESTATION - A wave sequence synthesizer for iOS.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer went on sale in 1990. This instrument featured an advanced vector synthesis system which created new sounds by combining and connecting multiple waveforms; it provided a mix/morphing function that let you use a joystick to change the balance of four oscillators, and a distinctive wave sequence function that allowed you to place waveforms in a desired sequence to create sequence patterns. To this day, it continues to be considered a legendary and still-unique instrument.
Now in 2016, the WAVESTATION has been reborn as "KORG iWAVESTATION," an app for iPad/iPhone. In addition to completely reproducing the programs, it also features a renewed design that lets everyone experience the stupendous sound-shaping potential of the WAVESTATION. It features touch-based operation that's distinctive of iOS, in conjunction with a new graphic interface that allows you to visualize and edit the time-varying timbral changes that are distinctive of the WAVESTATION.
[ Features ]
- A faithful reproduction of the original WAVESTATION sound: In addition to providing the sounds from all PCM memories of the WAVESTATION, the new iWAVESTATION also reproduces in software every detail of the parameters, based on an analysis of the original hardware circuit diagram.
- A new wave sequence view that can be graphically controlled: The iWAVESTATION, we advance another step with a graphical user interface that takes advantage of the touch operations that are a characteristic of iOS. Even more than ever, we've updated the screen design with an emphasis on creating sequences.
- 1,500 sounds, more than 700 waveforms, 55 effects, and a powerful random sequence engine: This new instrument includes a stupendous number of presets and waveforms, covering all models of the series. iWAVESTATION also provides a new random sequence function which will give you different perspectives to inspire new sounds.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget integration: iWAVESTATION can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Milpitas" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Added Global MIDI Channel function.
• Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.
Sounds Amazing And Fun...
Sounds fun? Yeah. This is really a very complex app. The sounds are stunning. Just amazing stuff. But I've tried just putting things together to create my own blend of sounds and beats, etc. but I feel like I'm getting nowhere.
I downloaded and attempted to read through the PDF manual but unfortunately the only time I have to do that is after work and it puts me right to sleep. The next day I don't remember what I read and have to start from the beginning. Not a complaint with Korg, just an explanation.
So, when I say it sounds fun that's because that's all I have to go on. As other reviewer's have pointed out, there's a bit of a learning curve.
Maybe one of these online education sites will do a class on how to use it. That would help a lot.
Once you purchase this app it then becomes available to you in Korg Gadget and the Gadget version is actually easier to use. You can't do any building in Gadget. You simply open the presets and play. You can do that in the app as well but you'll want to create once you get in there. The layout is very intriguing.
It works amazing in Gadget. If you don't have Gadget I highly recommend that as well. Much less learning curve and just amazing sounds.
Updated to the latest version: can’t restore my purchase.
I’m getting the following error message - “Restoration was successful but not found the card bundle info.” I checked before I updated and had the additional sound cards. Please fix the bug. Thanks. **update** My restore started working about 24 hours later.
Needs the search capabilities of iM1
This is a very interesting synth, has more expandability than iProphet but similar results. The thing I wish the most is that preset were easily searchable, like the preset in iM1. That would make searching for the best sound easy.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 78.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2016 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- WAVESTATION Expansion Card Pack$2.99