By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Creating sounds with time-varying timbre, on your mobile device.
KORG iWAVESTATION - A wave sequence synthesizer for iOS.
The WAVESTATION synthesizer went on sale in 1990. This instrument featured an advanced vector synthesis system which created new sounds by combining and connecting multiple waveforms; it provided a mix/morphing function that let you use a joystick to change the balance of four oscillators, and a distinctive wave sequence function that allowed you to place waveforms in a desired sequence to create sequence patterns. To this day, it continues to be considered a legendary and still-unique instrument.
Now in 2016, the WAVESTATION has been reborn as "KORG iWAVESTATION," an app for iPad/iPhone. In addition to completely reproducing the programs, it also features a renewed design that lets everyone experience the stupendous sound-shaping potential of the WAVESTATION. It features touch-based operation that's distinctive of iOS, in conjunction with a new graphic interface that allows you to visualize and edit the time-varying timbral changes that are distinctive of the WAVESTATION.
[ Features ]
- A faithful reproduction of the original WAVESTATION sound: In addition to providing the sounds from all PCM memories of the WAVESTATION, the new iWAVESTATION also reproduces in software every detail of the parameters, based on an analysis of the original hardware circuit diagram.
- A new wave sequence view that can be graphically controlled: The iWAVESTATION, we advance another step with a graphical user interface that takes advantage of the touch operations that are a characteristic of iOS. Even more than ever, we've updated the screen design with an emphasis on creating sequences.
- 1,500 sounds, more than 700 waveforms, 55 effects, and a powerful random sequence engine: This new instrument includes a stupendous number of presets and waveforms, covering all models of the series. iWAVESTATION also provides a new random sequence function which will give you different perspectives to inspire new sounds.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget integration: iWAVESTATION can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Milpitas" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixed minor issues and improvements have been made to enhance stability.
A bit of a learning curve but worth it
When Korg came out with keyboards that had menus you had to navigate thru, it was a little off putting compared to their analog synths that had all the knobs and sliders at your fingertips. The wavestation, while rich sounding and sonically opening new doors, it had menus to dig thru and wasn't the most intuitive for a lot of people. This offering is so much easier to tinkle with and tweak and get some cool results. Although it does have a bit of a learning curve should you decide to delve deeper, once you conquer some of its deeper features you can really see how this can take you really far and take you places a lot of iOS synths just can't go. I hope they add more user sound cards because I see myself building up a nice preset library. And speaking of libraries, Korg could stand to make improvements to all their iOS synths in terms of giving us a more organized browser, making it easier to find the sounds we're looking for faster.
Excellent app but needs kinks worked out
As an owner of a Wavestation EX, I can say this app, like the Wavestation 'V' (LC) is true to the original sonically. I played through my amp & speaker system, along with the EX and couldn't detect any real differences in sound quality. Editing and programming is a breeze compared to the hardware versions. Unlike the iM1, I was immediately able to access the in-app store and download the EXB sound sets without a problem. There are some midi issues that need to be addressed; hopefully those will be fixed in a future update. I know, though, that I don't need to lug around a bunch of rack gear to get those pads and sequences I need and love. My iPad has become a huge sound module.
Awesome synth, great sounds, simple interface
Very glad I bought this while it was on sale, it's a fantastic synth for a fraction of the price of the original hardware, and probably a lot easier to use as well. I didn't experience any difficulty figuring it out, and haven't had any glitches interrupt my work flow.
The only hitch I discovered, which I wrote to the support team about, is regarding entering the tempo, which is very awkward at best. Hopefully they will fix this feature and update it soon.
Really digging all the apps Korg has been making, they are definitely spearheading the iPad music revolution.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 05, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 75.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2016 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- WAVESTATION Expansion Card Pack$4.99