The best sounds, available to everyone. Announcing a new high-quality mobile sound module app for iOS!
• Achieved the #1 position*on the App Store* in the Top Paid Music App category
*USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and much more!
Ideal for performance and music production, KORG Module is a high-quality sound module app for iOS that contains a professional sound library. With just your iPad/iPhone and a MIDI keyboard such as the new microKEY, you can play studio-quality keyboard and grand piano sounds anywhere. You can also use the sounds of KORG Module for the KORG Gadget music production app. Maintaining its position at the forefront of mobile music apps, KORG now offers you a new style of performance and production with KORG Module for iOS.
● Stunningly high-quality piano and a full range of keyboard sound engines
● Five dedicated sound engines : Acoustic Piano/Electric Piano/Clav/Organ/Multi
● Ultra-low latency sound engine
● With just an iPad/iPhone and the new microKEY, you can enjoy great sound anywhere
● Mobile music production in tandem with KORG Gadget
● Convenient set list function with a PDF/image score viewer and music player
● Power-up even more with expansion sound libraries: TRITON Best Selection / Ivory Mobile Grand / PREMIER Vintage Organ
● Easily record your performances, and share song sketches on SoundCloud
● Integrating iOS technology that's indispensable for the mobile environment
*** Stunningly high-quality piano and a full range of keyboard sound engines ***
KORG Module has five dedicated sound engines, providing a number of high-quality sounds that can be played back on your iOS using the "NATIVE ENGINE”. These engines feature technology that was developed for KORG's historic line of workstations and synthesizers including: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Clav, Organ, and Multi. Each display has carefully selected parameters, making it convenient and easy to adjust the sounds. We’ve also carefully ensured ideal playability and designed the system for ultra-low latency. Once you experience the quality of the sounds being produced from the slim body of your iPad, you'll agree that Module is radically different than anything else currently on the market.
*** With just an iPad/iPhone and the new microKEY, you can enjoy great sound anywhere ***
KORG Module and the microKEY are the best possible combination for a mobile performance environment. With the new microKEY which supports a damper, or the microKEY Air which provides a wireless connection via Bluetooth MIDI, your iPad can transform into a high-quality sound module. In your room, in a practice studio, or performing on stage,, it's easy to set up and immerse yourself in a superb playing experience wherever you are. Of course you can also use any MIDI keyboard that can connect to your iPad via Apple Lightning - USB camera adapter. The velocity curve function conforms the sound to your playing dynamics, so you'll be able to perform comfortably using any MIDI keyboard. Even if you don't have a MIDI keyboard, you can use the apps on-screen keyboard, phrase function, or MIDI player to play the sounds. The MIDI player can load and play standard MIDI files for your listening enjoyment.
*** Mobile music production in tandem with KORG Gadget ***
You can also use the high-quality KORG Module sounds inside KORG Gadget, the mobile music production app. If you have Module and Gadget, the five tools Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandria, Firenze, and Glasgow are added inside, allowing access the same way as Gadget. These five powerful gadgets will add even more variety to your music productions, raising your music to the next level. Whether for performance or for production, both of these apps deliver ultimate sound.
More info at korg.com
- Expansion Sound Library 「SCARBEE - Classic EP-88M」 added*
- Expansion Sound Library 「KApro - Orchestral Dreams」 added*
- Expansion Sound Library 「KApro - Dreamy Synths」 added*
- Improved performance for the main unit.
- Improved unnatural sound cut-offs during playback.
- Numerous additional bug fixes and improvements.
* Available from in-app purchases.
Ratings and Reviews
Great sounds and more
There's a bunch of good sounds in this one, and there's also lots of organs, which I highly recommend if you don't have an iPad. There's all these pianos and some extra sounds, but you should get the regular version instead of "Standard for iPhone" since you'll probably have native iPad support and the ability to get more sounds. However, I have some concerns. I purchased this app during a sale and it was supposed to be less but it must've paid full price for it. I also had this happen with ARP ODYSSEi as well, which was supposed to be $15. And where is the free Tape pack? The only thing close is the Tape Keyboard, but I think it's pianos and keyed instruments. Is it an iPad exclusive in app purchase? Anyway, go and try it, get some organ sounds, and don't be scared of the huge size; you can just install the gadgets and uninstall Module afterwards, if you have Gadget. I'd like some answers too. Lots of great organ sounds!
Can't get it to work
I was extremely hopeful for this app since I previously owned a Korg Krome and missed some of the sounds that I didn't have with my Yamaha MOFX8. I decided I would get the $99 Korg plug key rather than the Camera USB cable. You know do it right, no short cuts. Well, I plugged everything in and nothing was recognized no midi sound. Very disappointed, glad I bought both the module & Triton sounds on sale. I can send the Korg Plug Key back for reimbursement. I really wish it worked for me... glad other are experiencing success, maybe it's not compatible with my Yamaha piano. Update...a week or so later I order the Camera USB cable to try the low tech approach but unfortunately same results... What a bummer ... I don't know how everyone else is getting this to work as it appears all you have to do it plug it in and turn the volume up on your phone..... No luck.... I will keep researching and maybe I will find someone that figured it out.
We’re Sorry for the inconvenience. We will investigate the cause, so can you send us detailed information from Help Center? https://support.korguser.net/hc/requests/new/ Thanks, KORG app team
I've been using Module on my iPad for about a year now. It's my first choice over many others that I've spurchased because of sound quality and ease of use. It really is one of the best synths on the app store.
That said (and I really hope Korg is reading this): a few tweaks would make me bump it to 5 stars. First, the ability to have it run in the background. When using it alongside a metronome for instance, it's a bit cumbersome switching back and forth every time I have to change something on the met. Second, the ability to run multiple patches, similar to the way MainStage does on my MacBook, would be killer. I would almost not even need to use my MacBook to run synths.
This is a truly great app even without those tweaks. Adding those would make it killer.
- KORG INC.
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Mellow Tape Keyboard $9.99
- TRITON Best Selection $19.99
- Wurley Electric Piano $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.