By SlothMedia, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Back by popular demand! A free evaluation version of the KosmicMath product family for the iPhone / iPOD-Touch. (see KosmicMath Lite HD for iPAD version).
KosmicMath is a mathematical drill instruction application built to support and reinforce mathematical tables and educational scope & sequence requirements covering Preschool through 4th grade.
KosmicMath is a space exploration game that uses NASA imagery, themed animations and sound affects creating an immersive educational experience. Two modes of play, Mission and Drill, encourage children to master their math tables and chart their progress.
In mission mode, players are urged to demonstrate mastery over basic mathematical operations as they travel through the solar system collecting alien trophies and visiting NASA web sites. In Drill mode, players are given a pop quiz which is individually scored, emailed and archived along with the problem set, player answers and statistics about the players responses. Data from mission mode and drill mode is saved for each player, synchronized to other iPhone, iPOD-Touch or iPAD devices and archived into the KosmicMath WEB portal for parent and teacher analysis of player performance.
At the heart of KosmicMath is a proprietary problem generation algorithm which mimics human instruction, by generating problems that are always appropriate to the player’s grade and experience level. KosmicMath’s problem generation algorithm tracks all student success and failures - constantly adjusting to each players’ unique learning requirements. The KosmicMath problem generation engine automatically adjusts the player’s difficulty and settings as they progress through 25 increasing levels of challenge.
Children are promoted when scoring 80% or higher across all required operands for their grade level. Promotion increases the problem number size and problem difficulty by reducing the amount of time allowed for answering the problem. In addition, the number of correct problems is increased as the student shows proficiency in the lower number sets; thus continually challenging the student towards demonstrated mastery of their elementary math tables. KosmicMath supports 5 promotion levels: Cadet, Navigator, Co-Pilot, Commander and Admiral.
Parents who purchase and license the 5 player Family edition (using in-app purchase storefront) and provide a valid email address will receive email notification of promotions, achievements and drills as they happen. In addition they may log onto the KosmicMath web site www.kosmicmath.com and view summary performance graphs and performance details for their child’s mathematical development. Each mission and drill taken can be reviewed in summary and detail form on the WEB site.
The KosmicMath WEB portal provides a unified student dashboard which displays Mission and Drill progress over time and for each player. Performance graphs show children's mathematical proficiency by operand and within their learning requirements for each grade level.
KosmicMath features at a glance:
– Multi-level reward system encourages continued play
– Problems generated follow the Scope and Sequence operation and number sets approximating the school year an d progressively increasing in difficulty
– Problem generation algorithm will not generate problems outside of a students current grade and experience level
– Problem generation algorithm self monitors student performance and adjusts difficulty striving for mastery
– Detailed and summary performance tracking by player
– Email notifications of progress and rewards
– Email notification of completed drills with problems and player answers
– Player roaming capability - allows players to pickup any licensed KosmicMath device and continue their play where the last left off
– InApp purchase - allows purchase and licensing of the full KosmicMath Family edition within the Lite application
What's New in Version 1.6
KosmicMath Lite edition for the iPhone / iPOD Touch is back, updated and ready for download once again...
This is a fully featured demonstration of our Flagship product: KosmicMath Family also available within iTunes.
- Updated: Mission mode now supports game play of 3 planets in any grade / difficulty level you desire.
- Updated: Planet Trip time has been pre-set to allow quick demonstration of multi-level reward structures build within KosmicMath.
- Updated: No more popups reminding you to buy the application after each planet trip is complete. Now you can choose to buy KosmicMath Family edition for iPhone / iPOD Touch anytime you want.
I hate this game it never works and it is horrible!!
This is hi :)
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 10, 2011
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SlothMedia LLC
- © 2009, 2010, 2011 SlothMedia, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Family Pack$9.99
- Third Grade$2.99
- Fourth Grade +$2.99
- Second Grade$2.99
- First Grade$2.99
- Pre-K Level$2.99
- Additional KosmicMath Player License - 2$0.99
- Additional KosmicMath User License - 4$0.99
- Additional KosmicMath User License - 3$0.99