St. Louis Weather - KPLR
By Tribune Broadcasting Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The KPLR Weather app is a newly updated, full-featured weather app for the St. Louis area with the tools to keep you informed of weather news, current conditions and forecasts – all from the KPLR Weather Team. View the interactive radar and stay alerted to any watches or warnings in the area – right on your phone.
All the same FREE features as before, plus new free features and premium upgrades. Just like before, this new version of the application includes the ability to add five locations for tracking hourly (tap on a day), daily & extended weather information, forecasts, and watches and warnings all FREE. Get detailed current conditions by tapping the current temp. Users now get a 6th "current" location that updates whenever the app is opened and severe weather outlooks. Alerts are still shown in the app in the form of badge icons next to each location for free.
Now as a premium upgrade, you can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app, powered by the award winning iMap Weather Radio. You will get voice enabled push alerts powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 100 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, spoken alert details, spoken forecasts, alerts based on your current location tracked in the background. Through a 7-day free trial users may experience all the premium features offered.
**** FREE FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds, and forecast, winter and news feeds from FOX 2 Weather
• Free 7-day trial for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio for a single one-time-only purchase of $9.99. That package includes:
• Five static locations, plus the current location (6 total)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service for more than 100 alert types
• Map Overlays – Enable additional display layers on the map, including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks, and more
• Voice Audio – Spoken alerts, alert details and forecasts
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 2.7.2
-Improvements in audio play back.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TRIBUNE BROADCASTING COMPANY INC
- © 2013 Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Weather Radio$9.99