KRFT - Modular Music Production
By Studio Amplify
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** "A truly innovative app which certainly achieves its aim of finding a new way to let you make music." - AskAudio ***
*** "They said they would expand my musical imagination…and they succeeded. The future is here and its name is KRFT." - How To Make Hip Hop ***
*** "I haven't been able to put this thing down for days" - 9to5Mac ***
*** App of the Week - Stuff.tv ***
◆ A Modular Instrument for Music Production ◆
KRFT is a modular instrument for expressive music production that we built to challenge the two decade old paradigm of the multi-track DAW.
Designed from the ground up with a focus on live experimentation and expressive interactions, KRFT will inspire you to make music that would normally be out of reach.
Rather than being confined to a fixed interface KRFT lets you create a surface that suits your musical needs whether you're building an experimental groove box or composing an entire track.
Use it standalone with its powerful internal audio engine or with your studio & MIDI enabled gear, such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro X.
◆ Produce & perform from one expressive interface ◆
KRFT is a canvas for your musical ideas that can be controlled and interpreted on the fly. Recorded loops, custom samples, dials and more can all be controlled from one unified interface. This structure lends itself to live play, each performance being unique and instinctive.
◆ Craft your masterpiece – piece by piece ◆
Build your canvas from musical cells, each shape with a different behaviour. Loops provide the core of your composition and dials, morphs and fills allow you to add flair and excitement. Group cells to give your track structure ― build as much or as little as you need.
◆ Tweak and refine your sound ◆
KRFT is all about customizability. Editing your recordings or sequencing notes is quick and easy in the Matrix and fine adjustments to the sounds and cell interactions can be edited directly from within the app – no need for external software.
◆ Control other apps, software and hardware ◆
- Send MIDI from KRFT to any DAW e.g. Ableton & Logic Pro
- Sync up with other devices and apps using Ableton Link
- AudioBus Audio & MIDI support
- Use KRFT as a source with Inter-App Audio
- Import your own samples and export your recordings to other apps
*** iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini Retina or newer supported ***
Help us build the future of music production. Send your thoughts and ideas to email@example.com and connect with us on Twitter & Instagram @StudioAmplify
What's New in Version 1.6.0
** Transform Cells **
- An amazing new way to explore musical ideas, the Transform Cell takes a Timeline and transforms its notes in real time.
- The transforms available are Note Repeat, Arpeggiate, Rhythmize, Harmonize, Beat Repeat, Quantize, Reverse, Invert, Rotate, Random Key & Random Time
- Apply the same transform to multiple timelines and combine multiple transform cells for wild results!
** Sync: Step **
- Setting a timelines sync to "step" will make a timeline start from the next note in its sequence.
- Use this with the hold interaction to step through a melody or drum beat with every tap.
** Cell => Explode **
- The new explode function allows you to split an existing timeline into multiple cells.
- You can split a timeline either using a slice length or per key.
- Use this function to split out a drum kit into its individual parts or to easily create a keyboard.
** Matrix 2.0 **
- Now you can multi-select notes. Just long hold on the matrix and then drag over notes to select them.
- Selections can be moved, deleted, resized, copied & pasted - even into other loops.
- You can also apply transforms to these selections, such as invert, reverse, humanize and more!
- Added an undo button!
** Save user presets **
- Now you can save your user presets and use them across your projects.
** Minor Improvements **
- Added 4 new scales => Major Blues, Minor Blues, Whole Tone, Klezmer
- Added INIT patch for bass and lead synths
- Added noise param on synth engine
- Improved menu speeds
- UI Improvements
- Bug Fixes :)
It's 2017 and somebody finally comes up with a playable iPad/iPhone music surface thingy that doesn't require imported samples, midi, or purchased sound packs! That, and it's so versatile too. Easy to get carried away on the included tidbits alone. I keep finding myself playing the same "surface" in a quintillion different ways.
In the future:
Would like to see more FX and synth parameters. More flexibility all around is always welcome. Looking foreword for more juicy updates.
It's a game changer in many ways. Musical, accessible, usable even on a phone form factor, plays well with other apps and even hardware. The one missing item standing in the way of five glorious stars is a way to share surfaces as files to collaborators. Network feature is nice but global public sharing shouldn't be the only way to share or archive a project.
Breakthrough - that keeps breaking through
Best $ I've spent on a music app since 2010. And the brothers listen to the people and relentlessly update. The latest update added so much that it's as if an app was added to the app...
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 25, 2017
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 27.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Studio Amplify Ltd
- © 2017 Studio Amplify
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.