The 'Kronos Remote' app allows you to control the famous Korg Kronos workstation from your iPad and helps you getting the maximum performance out of your Kronos. It focuses on live situations on stage to give you easy access to common pages and parameters even when the Kronos screen is not in reach or not visible. In the studio it will support your programming workflow by providing a second screen on which you can have direct access to important pages like the combi mixer while editing other pages on the Kronos screen (it does not substitute the Kronos for programming though).
A wireless connection via Bluetooth supports program changes and realtime controllers and is a convenient way on stage to control your live setup in every situation. A connection via USB cable fully supports SysEx communication and features synchronisation of all preset parameters, thus being the perfect choice during programming in your studio.
A setlist view similar to the Kronos setlist screen allows quick changes between program / combi and song presets. Optionally the app can change the mode on the Kronos and for example show the combi mixer page while your iPad still lets you access your current setlist.
You can assign .pdf files or even .mp3 files to setlist slots. .pdf files will be displayed instead of the comment field while .mp3 files bring up a mini-player - all within the setlist screen.
Slots and setlists can conveniently be edited including drag & drop slots / use the onscreen keyboard to input text / copy & paste chords or lyrics to your comments. And you can even do that offline - prepare your setlist backstage on the iPad, add new songs or move your songs in the right order, edit your comments, add leadsheets... and transfer all changes to your Kronos later when you're connected.
- Default setlist mode with slots, zoomable and scrollable
- Zoom and scroll comments in the comment-view
- Add .pdf and .mp3 files to your setlist slots
- Easily Insert and Remove setlist slots with one tap
- Edit setlist slots including color, transpose, title, comment and preset selection
- Select slot preset directly from setlist mode instead of changing forth and back between the modes
- Undo lets you reverse your edits step-wise
- A realtime controller bar features controls like ribbon controller, knobs and silders or the 8 universal pads without hiding your setlist
The mixer page and additional common editing pages can be displayed and used on the iPad. While editing on the iPad is more convenient than the Kronos touchscreen, this mode allows you to view two editing pages at the same time - like adjusting EQ settings on the Kronos screen and editing mixer settings on the iPad. When you're done editing use the iPad keyboard to give your Combi a name and save it from the iPad.
Program mode lets you change presets and offers the same access to the realtime controller surfaces as the other modes. Also you can use the iPad keyboard to rename programs.
The mixer and EQ pages for MIDI and Audio are available in Sequencer mode. Use the iPad to always have your hands on the mixer while you're working on your tracks or effects.
• USB connection requires the iPad camera kit or USB-lightning adapter
• For a bluetooth connection an additional bluetooth MIDI dongle on the Kronos side is required. Bluetooth is only available on devices which support Bluetooth LE specification, this should be all devices above (not including) the iPad 2
• The app fully supports iPad 2 or prior but will be slow on these devices, mostly during syncing processes. Program changes and realtime controllers work fine.
• Additional infos and FAQ can be found at www.kronos-remote.com
- fixed startup crashes on older iOS versions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.