KSDK NewsChannel 5 is proud to announce the First Alert Weather app, a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good and bad news
The good is that this app has been wonderful for this walker who likes to do spur of the moment walks and I get to easily check the hourly forecast to see when the rain is coming in. Bad news is that it goes off in the middle of the night whenever there is even just a thunderstorm watch. It scared me to death last night when waking up from a good sleep I heard a man’s voice in my kitchen ( where my phone recharges). Then again later when it turned into a warning and then later that there was still a warning! I would be grateful to be woken up for a tornado warning but thunderstorms- ??!! So I have deleted it.
Constant Updates for what appears to be same Bug Fixes
Constant Updates! Programming & development team seem to be “Fly By Night” and constantly making so called “Bug Fixes” for the same thing. They apparently don’t test their products thoroughly before making a change. Even after the update is applied, the app goes into some kind of automatic routine that appears to be capturing personal information to send back to them during the upgrade process before you can even check to see what overrides they may have applied to the security settings.
This version of the program is not compatible with my version 4 iPad. No problem with staying in the previous version except for the repeated notifications of the update. It would be nice to make the update compatible with my version 4 iPad or to stop the update notices.
- Tegna Inc.
- 30.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.