KSHB 41 Action News in Kansas City delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you’ll know what’s going on right now and what’s important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Brand new weather section, with hourly and daily forecasts
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• We fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds in stories to not load correctly.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Am I missing something with this application?
I have this application for both my AppleTV fourth-generation, and my iPhone 6s. For some reason, I have no notifications coming in on the iPhone. Why is this? Is this broken? You might want to look at why this is happening. When I go to the AppleTV fourth-generation, I do not see a broadcast playing either when it is live. It just says the channel name.
Compared to the previous KSHB app, this is horrific. The setup is terrible, I miss the ease of going directly where *I* wanted to go and DISLIKE all the pop ups. Blech. I've still been using for the weather (I like the team), but hate to try to find anything of interest or even the "news". I even checked the "preferences" specifically for breaking news, traffic and weather, hoping that would help, and good grief! I don't really think stories like "Are you afraid of Friday the 13th" qualify as "Breaking News" but there you go. Would love to go back to the other format, but they've taken away the weather radar map. Will be looking elsewhere for my local info and weather until this hot mess gets cleaned up.
Most recent update resets poor reviews
Most recent update is still useless to me. I was hoping they would correct their very unpopular "update" from two months ago. No such luck- no noticeable change. I much prefer scrolling quickly through headlines, seeing news I have not yet read and selecting those stories without clicking on an ad accidentally. I'm one who prefers to read the news, not just look at ginormous pictures and have someone recite it to me. It sure would be nice if news apps allowed you to select your viewing preference. I rated previous versions of KSHB 41 News highly because they did NOT look just like this version does. I'll read my news elsewhere now.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 64.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.