iTunes

Opening the iTunes Store.If iTunes doesn't open, click the iTunes application icon in your Dock or on your Windows desktop.Progress Indicator
Opening the iBooks Store.If iBooks doesn't open, click the iBooks app in your Dock.Progress Indicator
iTunes

iTunes is the world's easiest way to organize and add to your digital media collection.

We are unable to find iTunes on your computer. To buy and download KSL Pocket Coach by Ksl International Archery, get iTunes now.

Already have iTunes? Click I Have iTunes to open it now.

I Have iTunes Free Download

KSL Pocket Coach

By Ksl International Archery

This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.

Description

As an archer or archery coach it is often difficult or impractical to access coaching information in the field.
The KSL Pocket Coach is setting a new standard in archery coaching. This App. has been developed in coordination with Coach Kisik Lee, one of the world’s top and most respected archery coaches. Since 1984, his archers have collectively won 18 Olympic Gold Medals and untold numbers of medals at World Championships and Cups and other International events.
Initially, The KSL Pocket Coach includes the 12 phases of the successful and proven KSL Shot Cycle, separated into twelve definable steps, including diagrammatics and photos. Future releases will be expanded to include other coaching information along the lines of the bestselling book “Total Archery”, now published in the world’s seven major languages. Future updates should include guidelines to SPT (Specific Physical Training); Mental & Physical Training; Angular Movement; Breathing patterns and a host of other coaching information. Future updates will be free to purchasers of version 1.0, but cost may increase for future versions.

iPhone Screenshot

iPhone Screenshot 1

Customer Reviews

Great Reference Tool

I downloaded the KSL Pocket Coach about a month ago after I started my archery training. I began researching Coach Lee's Shot Cycle and purchased his book "Total Archery, Inside the Archer". The book goes into tremendous detail of the shot cycle and, to be honest, can be a little intimidating for a beginning archer. The pocket coach offers a quick reference version of the biomechanical technique covered in the book, which makes it a great reference tool while on the go. I use it very often while doing cardio at the gym to review the steps.

Each chapter offers detail of the basic technique used for each particular step, and the photographs are absolutely invaluable to understand the descriptions. The only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because the proper technique of drawing and moving the shoulder blades has to be felt to be understood, and it is very difficult to learn proper technique from drawing by reading a description, no matter how detailed.

I would highly recommend this app for any beginning archer who wants to get serious about their archery training. It is a wonderful jumping off point to going deeper into an understanding of proper archery technique at the Olympic level.

Great coaching app

This is a great app for coaches, and advanced olympic recurve students to have. It explains the stages of the shot, and allows the user to reflect upon each element and how well it is represented in it's own shooting form.
Make no mistake, this app is designated for archers in the discipline of olympic recurve, not so much, traditional, or even compound. Although 75% of the form elements described in the app are used cross discipline, the remaining 25% makes all the difference.
I decided to write this review and make this clarification, because the app is catching a lot of heat and poor reviews by people that does not understand it's purpose, or design. It is designed as a quick reference for the National Training System coaces. The training system that has placed US recurve archers on the Olympic podium for so many years.

What a waste

I can't believe I spent money on this. If you're a total newbie, you might like it, but this is still overpriced even for that. All it has is the steps of shooting an arrow. THAT'S IT. And I don't even agree with some of the things he's saying to do. He doesn't give different options on technique, just his own technique of choice, which doesn't work on everyone. Trust me. For example, he talks a lot about anchoring at the jawline, which I do NOT do. For some it works, but I anchor at the corner of my mouth. Jaw/chin anchors are used mostly by (Olympic) recurve archers who use sights. I don't use sights.
Anyway. Major let down. I want my money back- this is junk.

KSL Pocket Coach
View in iTunes
  • $2.99
  • Category: Sports
  • Released:
  • Version: 1.0
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
  • Seller:

Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Customer Ratings

Current Version: