The KSL Weather Team is proud to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad platforms.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Traffic page with traffic flow and incidents
New Map Experience!
*Press the 3 dots to access map layers options
*Press and hold on any Weather Condition, Storm Symbol or Alert and drag it into the Quick Pick area to quickly change weather layers without accessing all map layers options
Easily view all videos in the app
*Press on a video and you will see all videos within the app displayed so you can easily browse
Ratings and Reviews
Why is this the only option for iPad now?
This app is great on iPhone but TERRIBLE on iPad! What happened to KSL Vortex? Is it ever coming back? KSL Weather is so sluggish on the iPad, and it’s, clearly, not designed with iPad in mind. In landscape view, the black bar takes up much too much space that should be dedicated to the map. There is also a very long lag to switch to landscape view, which is not the default even if you have your iPad in landscape position when you open the app. Please update KSL Vortex to run on iOS 11 and bring it back!
No more “playing” past and future radar.
Used to be great but now I can’t play the past and future radar. So now it’s not much use. Seeing exactly where storms are tracking given my exact location is really helpful. Other apps and news services do. I don’t know what happened in the updates and why this ability was taken away. Bring it back and the app would be 4 or 5. For now I’ll have to use the apps and news services.
Pretty good but...
It’s more accurate than some of the other weather apps At least in Utah. However, while traveling on the East Coast and especially in Canada we keep getting heat warnings late at night for the next day. Then the weather is beautiful the next day. 85° with a nice breeze. I wonder if KSL is having trouble calculating degrees Celsius.
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.