This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The KSL Weather Team is proud to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad platforms.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Traffic page with traffic flow and incidents
What's New in Version 4.5.1800
* This version enables background location updates. If you have chosen to use your current location to receive push notifications for severe weather alerts, this allows the app to keep track of your location as you travel without having to open the app
* Bug fixes
Why is this the only option for iPad now?
This app is great on iPhone but TERRIBLE on iPad! What happened to KSL Vortex? Is it ever coming back? KSL Weather is so sluggish on the iPad, and it’s, clearly, not designed with iPad in mind. In landscape view, the black bar takes up much too much space that should be dedicated to the map. There is also a very long lag to switch to landscape view, which is not the default even if you have your iPad in landscape position when you open the app. Please update KSL Vortex to run on iOS 11 and bring it back!
Location alert glitch
Several times the app has given me an alert for Salt Lake City when I have my home, in TN, selected for alert updates. It happens every few months. It’s confusing and annoying.
Location tracking while the app isn’t open? No thanks.