By Appsolute Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***** #1 Puzzle Game in over 20 Countries! *****
***** This quirky puzzle game bends the limits of space and reality to make you create structures that, in theory, should be impossible to replicate. - Pocket Gamer 8/10 *****
kubic is a unique optical illusion puzzle game based on M.C. Escher's art, impossible objects and other geometric designs. The object is to construct the goal configuration from a number of pieces.
Presented in a simple, clean design and minimalistic art, kubic is a premium game with over 60 escher-esque puzzles.
When you click on a piece, it pops to the front-most layer, and may overlap other pieces. When you combine the pieces, they do not merge. If there are extra pieces, you may hide them behind the others. If you are stuck on a puzzle you can simply skip it and re-visit at a later time. Rest assured, all puzzles can be solved but beware, some puzzles are hard! Just take your time...
If you truly get stuck, there is a in-game hint system. You can use it to get started or even get the whole puzzle solved.
Tip: It helps to plan ahead and build figures from back to front.
Levels divided in 6 groups:
• Ocean (Blue) - "2D" Shapes are basically two-dimensional arrangements.
• Desert (Orange) - "3D" Shapes appear to be three-dimensional, but remember to think in two dimensions.
• Mountain (Purple) - "Convex/Concave" These optical illusions are inspired by Escher's famous "Convex and Concave" lithograph.
• Sky (Green) - "Up/Down" These optical illusions are inspired by the Penrose Triangle featured in Escher's lithograph "Waterfall”.
• Escher (Mixed) - Based on letter designs that spell out MC ESCHER.
• Print - Based on the printable magazine version of Convex-Concave puzzles.
Kubic is localized and supports 12 languages including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish
Game supports iCloud for progress syncing between devices.
Convex Concave puzzles from the Heaven and Earth game are included with permission. The puzzles were designed by Scott Kim, Puzzlemaster (scottkim.com), and the Heaven & Earth team.
What's New in Version 2.0
◉ Layer lock button, tap to lock current layer order while dragging the pieces.
◉ Reduced game install size.
◉ Engine updates.
Cool concept. Needs refining.
I love the concept of this game. But it's unwieldy.
1. When several pieces need to have their layering status "flipped," we need a way to do so with one tap, rather than having to repeatedly tap each piece individually, over and over again.
2. Sometimes we get "painted into a corner," and in order to continue, we need to reposition the entire puzzle. Since Kubic doesn't reposition automatically (the way Bonza does brilliantly), we need, at the very least, a way to "lock" the pieces and move them in concert. (Perhaps tap, hold, and drag?)
Starts easy and gets challenging pretty fast
This is a great game to kill some time.
Good but not easy
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 09, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 272 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Appsolute Games LLC
- © Appsolute Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 10 Hints$0.99
- 100 Hints$4.99
- 25 Hints$1.99
- 50 Hints$2.99