If you must blink, DO IT NOW! Travel deeper into the stunning world of Kubo and the Two Strings as you embark on a quest filled with MAGICAL BATTLES, FIERCE WARRIORS and FEROCIOUS MONSTERS.
Experience an all-new story as you master your puzzle-solving skills in this epic adventure, created in collaboration with LAIKA, the world-class filmmaking team behind Coraline and The Boxtrolls! Help Kubo as he uses his extraordinary samurai abilities, including his musical shamisen, to bring origami animals to life and unlock powers beyond imagination.
In Kubo: A Samurai Quest™ you will:
• Collect and evolve majestic origami creatures in the form of powerful allies.
• Conquer challenging and engaging puzzles.
• Navigate a beautiful story which includes several exciting game modes.
• Encounter unique characters and explore iconic locations inspired by the film.
Kubo A Samurai Quest © 2016 TWO STRINGS, LLC, all character names and their distinctive likenesses: ™ and © 2016 TWO STRINGS, LLC. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Kubo: A Samurai Quest™ is free to download and play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don’t want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device settings.
- Kubo: A Samurai Quest™ plays best on iPhone 5 or newer, and iPad 3 or newer.
- Kubo: A Samurai Quest™ contains advertisement, direct links to the Internet, and social networking capabilities intended for an audience over 13.
- A network connection is required to enable certain features and access certain content.
- Are you having problems? Contact us at facebook.com/kubothegame or twitter.com/kubothegame.
Bug fixes and improvements
Your feedback helps us improve the game. Thanks for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
With its variety of match-three gameplay types folded together like an origami samurai, this gorgeous puzzler enthralls us just like the movie that inspired it. Pulling off a massive chain-reaction combo or vanquishing an enemy with our team of paper companions is endlessly satisfying. We even find ourselves cranking up the music, just to head-bob along to Kubo’s fast-fingered shamisen stylings.
Laggy as of Oct 6
I am a person that won the final weekly prize back in September - I love this game to idle time away and it was fun collecting origami creatures.
I had an issue where a $9.99 special package never made it to me and the customer support was quick to respond and correctly compensate me with the items. Major plus having the social aspect to quickly contact and make friends through.
However, I purchased an iPhone 8+ October 5th and updated to the 11.0.2 software required on setup. Opening the game is a pure lagfest. Animations simply don’t move correctly anymore, playing the game is awful since the explosion effects and special effects as well as audio is all lagging horribly. I closed all background apps and restarted the phone with no change. I really love this game and desperately hope this is resolved with a patch!
A "tactical" Bejeweled?
I wrote a review ages ago about this game appearing to be just another Bejeweled game. Well, it gets more tactical than that because you really have to pay attention to where you match the icons.
I've managed to get to level 80 and spent only $4.99 so far. The biggest problem going on now is the makers refusal to answer about the stalls and freezes occurring. They mostly happen just before you're completing a board, and then you lose any gains and rewards.
It's September 2017 now and I haven't been able to play in more than two weeks. Ever since Easter when Fifth Journey tried to "cash in" by inserting addons for "specials". Well, it got real buggy and has been that way since. Now it seems they've abandoned the game. At any rate, it was a good game, but Fifth Journeys quest for $$$ hurt more than helped those of us who played.
- Fifth Journey Limited
- 206.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 FIFTH JOURNEY. Kubo A Samurai Quest © 2016 TWO STRINGS, LLC, all character names and their distinctive likenesses: ™ and © 2016 TWO STRINGS, LLC. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. Al
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $4.99
- Pouch of Gems $0.99
- Sack of Gems $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.