kumo cloud®, the Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating app, enables you to remotely monitor and manage your mini split systems at any time and from anywhere. The app is only compatible with either the following Wi-Fi Adapter or Wireless Interface installed by a qualified contractor into your Mitsubishi Electric indoor units. (Available to the US market at this time.)
• Wireless Interface (PAC-USWHS002-WF-1) *Latest model*
• Wi-Fi Adapter (PAC-WHS01WF-E)
The app works with Mitsubishi Electric’s Wi-Fi Adapters and Wireless Interfaces to provide the following features:
• Manage all your zones and different homes
• Monitor all zone temperatures
• Monitor and change any zone’s:
◦ Set temperature
◦ Mode (Heat, Cool, Auto, Dry, Fan, and Off)
◦ Fan speed
◦ Vane direction
• Receive notification of any zone’s:
◦ Error codes
◦ Filter alert
• Receive notification when any site’s temperature is out of range
• Program a schedule for any individual zone or a whole home
• Automatic download of new firmware to the latest interface
• Automatically receive app upgrades to new features and functions once they are available
If you are a homeowner with a single mini-split system, multi-zone system, or multi-home installation, you can conveniently use the kumo cloud app to remotely monitor and manage all your zones.
The interfaces must be installed by a qualified Mitsubishi Electric contractor. Your qualified contractor will be able to advise you on the compatibility of our interfaces with your systems. The compatibility charts for previous models can be found here: https://www.kumocloud.com/compatibility
The kumo cloud app also supports:
• Integration with kumo station™ (PAC-WHS01HC-E) and enables centralized control of your Mitsubishi Electric HVAC equipment along with accessories such as third-party backup heaters, humidifiers, dehumidifiers and ventilators.
• The Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor (PAC-USWHS003-TH-1), an optional part to provide remote sensing capabilities to the Wireless Interface.
• System changeover to allow Wireless Interfaces attached to indoor units in some model families to negotiate the system transition from heating to cooling and back automatically.
This version supports:
• IFTTT integration of third-party devices and services with the kumo cloud app.
• The dual setpoint feature to automatically switch between heating and cooling to stay within your preferred temperature range.
• Addition of third-party hydronic heaters as kumo station accessories to provide energy-efficient, supplemental heating.
This kumo cloud version also includes many user interface improvements as well as bug fixes and other feature improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall has been working well but need improvement
Working well remotely and can be overridden each other between the remote and the handheld controller. Sometimes the remote setting was lost for no reason. Add a lock key function may help confirm and hold the setting remotely.
Not sure why the other bad reviews, this app does what it’s supposed to do. Was very easy to setup and easy use. I use it with my multiple zone system and have no complaints. Installed on my iPhone.
Works fine for me I like it
First off, Ive had no problems with this app. It does what I need it to. Not complicated. My situation is a simple single zone MSZ GL15NA in my garage gym. I can turn it on remotely which is what I wanted. Now, $170 for the wifi module is the only negative for me. Too exspensive!
- Mitsubishi Electric US, INC.
- 17.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Mitsubishi Electric HVAC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.