Kuna Smart Home Security is designed to help you prevent break-ins and protect what matters to you most, from anywhere in the world.
Use the Kuna app to setup and control your Kuna, Maximus, and Toucan smart security devices. With a free Kuna account and your Kuna Powered security device connected to your Wi-Fi network, you’ll have access to all of Kuna’s powerful preventive security features.
- As soon as activity is detected, Kuna sends you an alert with the activity thumbnail, so you can quickly see what’s happening and decide how to respond.
- With our exclusive auto-greeting feature, pre-recorded messages, and instant two-way intercom, it’s easy to see and communicate with whoever’s outside, anytime.
- In the event of an emergency, you can quickly sound a 100dBA siren, which is as loud as a motorcycle, or call 911 from the Kuna app. Don’t worry, you will be asked to confirm before calling 911, to prevent accidental calls..
- Stream live HD video and two-way audio anytime, day or night, so there’s no need to wonder what’s going on outside your home.
- Capture activity 10 seconds before and after an event is triggered with Kuna’s proprietary "Smart Detection" technology, creating recorded events that are actually useful.
- Download and share events with law enforcement, neighbors, or family and friends.
- Go “back in time” to rewind and download every event captured for up to 2 hours free, and up to 30 days on an optional premium plan.
- Turn your outdoor light on and off, easily set up a schedule, enable dawn-to-dusk mode, and adjust motion detection sensitivity.
- Use Amazon Alexa to control your outdoor light using voice commands.
Love Kuna? Leave us a review!
Have questions, issues, feedback or want to suggest a new feature? Get in touch with us at:
- Stability and organization fixes
- Fixes a rare crashing issue in device setup wifi connection timeout case
Ratings and Reviews
Glitchy, doesn’t always record,No AI
I almost gave it 3* since my Maximus looks good and was fairly simple to install. App UI is easy to use. Camera sound is good but picture quality only so-so. For the near $200 price tag should be 1080p! The unit is a bit glitchy! Sometimes it goes off-line and I have to reboot I have a guaranteed 250 MB/sc Internet download speed(usually closer to 300) with an upgraded fast upload speed as well. I also have a matching Linksys range extender. I have three other Wi-Fi cameras. One is a Belkin doorbell camera that works excellent with a higher resolution! It is the same distance to the same Wi-Fi connection as my Kuna. I checked my SVR recording of that camera during the time my Kuna went off-line. It was fine and recorded clear video throughout the time my Kuna was off-line. It is not my Wi-Fi connection or speed, since my other cameras would have been effected as well! I just think Kuna cameras don’t have very strong Wi-Fi pick up units built into their electronics. Furthermore, if you are going to charge $60 a year for basic service, then the recording’s need to be more stable! There are times where I just get a preview snapshot and NO recording play back!!! There are also times where it will show a preview but when you go to load it, it says “Sorry can’t play recording“! Also, At times,
It says “Recording is processing, please try again later“. So I do and it still doesn’t show play back!
Complete my outdoor security
I got the Maximus Transitional Smart Security Light. The lighting fixture is really pretty and stylish; the quality worth the price with or without the smart features. This being said I am here to give my feedbacks to Kuna App. Very much wanna give it a 10-star. First of all, the whole installation and activation process is effortless. I download the App and followed the in App instruction to finish registration stuff. I was reading carefully but it took me less than 3 minutes to see myself standing in front of my door through the App. : D that's Aha moment leads me to take a selfie and post instag right after. I invite my family within the App so everyone get to enjoy the smart home experience. I choose a dusk to down lighting schedule on Kuna so my light turns on and off automatically--another effortless experience but I talk to Alexa when I wanna turn on or turn off the light, and I never used the light switch again...My neighborhood is very safe and quiet but sometimes I do love the fact that I get notifications whenever the camera detect events in my front door. Overall love the app and especially the lighting fixture.
Customer service is great! I received a defective unit that was constantly going offline and the team quickly send me a replacement! The app is very easy to use! However, the notifications when someone is at the door is usually late to my phone. The microphone quality is great, but I have the issue that if a person at my front door starts talking while I am giving them a response through the mic, I will not be able to hear them. The camera does not pick up motion at night very well even though I have my AI settings configured for the areas of detection. Overall, it is a good way to keep your home safe.I just wish the system will notify me as soon as it sees the car or individual during the day or night (since the device says that it is always connected to EXCELLENT wifi!).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.