By Te Kura Maori
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ka kuraina koe e au! I’m gonna school you…and you, and you! So are you up to the challenge?
This innovative Māori language app allows you to compete against friends while battling for language supremacy.
How the game works
There are five different games to play in this app, including:
Puna Kupu – The objective of this game is to increase your vocabulary. You will hear the correct pronunciation and see the names of images used throughout the rest of the games.
E Rua, e Rua – Use your knowledge from the vocabulary practice to correctly match the word to its image or vice versa before the time limit runs out.
Ihumanea – This multi-choice game aims to increase your knowledge by introducing various sentence structures.
Tohu Kupu – Use your knowledge from Ihumanea to correctly form the Māori sentence, which is given to you in English to translate.
Kīkiki Pāoro – Answer the NZ general knowledge questions by kicking the rugby ball over the correct goal post.
Other cool things
- You can build your own alter-ego (Toikura) from a range of options.
- There is a scoreboard that displays the name, alter-ego (Toikura) and school of those who reign supreme.
- There is also single player and multi-player options to test your knowledge against others.
- Create your own custom folders to play in all 5 games.
- Share your folders with others and also accept their folders to play on your device.
What's New in Version 1.24
Various fixes and improvements
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 25, 2016
- Version: 1.24
- Size: 185 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Te Kura Maori
- © 2016 Te Kura Maori
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.