Kurbo is a mobile health coaching app designed specifically for kids, teens and families. It is fun and easy to use. It helps you make smarter eating and exercise decisions and develop healthy habits. 90% of Kurbo coaching users experience weight loss within three months. Almost everyone reported improved self-confidence and self-esteem, and have a lot of fun along the way without having to follow a specific diet.
“My daughter curbed her pattern of gaining, and, more important, she looks and feels better.” – David Sparrow, senior editor at Parents Magazine
“Unique Health Program Appeals to Digital Kids” – LA Parent
WHY KURBO WORKS
Unlike many diet tracker & calorie counter apps, Kurbo does not ask you to track every calorie you eat. What it does do is provide:
*A fun nutrition and activity tracker that helps children, teenagers and families develop healthy habits and record your progress in a food diary
*Daily support from a team of experts through in-app messages, emails, and texts that will lead to weight loss through healthier eating and improved diet and eating habits* Tasty, healthy food suggestions and motivation lifters that keep you inspired and informed about the healthy food pyramid
* Tips on nutrition through entertaining games, videos and weekly challenges
* Weekly Skype talks, nutrition coaching and goal-setting with a trained professional coach (premium plan purchase required.) Our coaches include Olympic athletes, professional soccer players, nutritionists, and more.
NEW FEATURES (Launched recently)
* Coached users can now chat with their coach directly through in-app chat.
* All users will receive tips, hints, and reminders through their chat window. To take advantage of these messages, make sure to enable Notifications when prompted in the app.
* You can pay for a coaching plan directly in the app. Data have shown that kids and teens have a much higher chance to reach their goals with the help of a coach.
* Food and Exercise Tracker – Easily track behavior in an exercise and food diary
* Progress Tracker – Show your progress over time
* Virtual Coaching – In-app messages, texts, and notifications provide personalized feedback, encouragement and recommendations.
* Fun games — help you learn about nutrition,the healthy food pyramid, earn badges and have fun
* Budgeting Tool – gives a child, teen or family the ability to adjust their food choices around special events
* Helpful Videos – Videos help you learn the Kurbo system quickly and easily
* Weekly Challenges – Keeps you on your toes and engaged
* and More – Set reminders, goals, pick your own coaching avatar, keep a journal, and more.
WHAT KURBO KIDS ARE SAYING
"I lost 10 pounds in 3 months. I feel a lot healthier.” - Riya
“I use what I have learned from Kurbo everyday. It has really changed my life.” - Tyler
“I just feel healthier. I like tracking and games. They are just fun.” - Alannah
WHAT KURBO PARENTS ARE SAYING
“Dinner time now is back to being where we sit, we visit, we laugh, and we giggle.” - Stacey
“My daughter smiles more, has a better attitude, and she is just radiant.” - Keiko
“It empowered my daughter and she now feels more in control and better about life.” - Tina
“This app is awesome! It gave my son the tools he needed to lose weight and gave him a new sense of self-confidence. He has inspired our whole family to get healthy and active. Love it!” - Elli
- Increased security when using InApp messaging
- Bug fixes and other optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
I love this it’s great the only problem with have is im pretty poor. I feed a family of plus one of my daughters is a baby so I hav to buy diapers, wipes, and twice as much milk by then I don’t have enough money to buy the coaches. I know you don’t need the coaches but they are very helpful. They will tell you why some things are red and how you can at least turn it into a yellow, where if you don’t have a coach you have to figure it out on your own. Other than that it’s a great app.
This ap is great. The reason I gave it four stars is because I think it could use improvement. If they added a setting that removed certain foods that contain allergens or meats if the user is vegetarian like me. Also it would be helpful if you could change your weekly red light goal. Great app, but I would love it if they made it better. I hope the creators see this and change it to better fit my needs
Great tool for helping kids
This is a great app for kids and teens
Instead of counting calories this app helps kids learn about food choices using the light system
Red yellow green
Helpful videos and badge collections along with games. my daughter has really made a 360 since using this app we only just started but so far this app has made it a great start to better health!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.