Multi-point live view, focus peaking, Dual Histogram (RAW + processed), visual bracketing monitor, industrial strength reliability and swift operation are the cornerstones of this premium Canon EOS tethering app.
Tethering for the Serious Photographer
Connecting your camera to a computer opens up new possibilities. You'll benefit from working on a large screen, precise exposure control and improved focusing accuracy — a must with today's high-megapixel sensors. Besides being lightning fast at basic tasks, a handful of advanced composition and evaluation tools make Kuuvik Capture an indispensable time-saver for the discerning architecture, landscape or studio photographer.
Live View on a Higher Level
From focusing assistance with real-time sharpening and peaking tools. Through intuitive navigation, focus pulling and alignment grid controls. And culminating in multi-point live view* that makes optimizing depth of field and focusing tilt-shift lenses a breeze — the state-of-the-art live view helps you achieve better results faster. All the while being gentle to the MacBook's battery.
* Available on select cameras only (see below).
Kuuvik Capture also brings the tethering advantage to the cinematographer*. Think about cameras placed in hard-to-reach locations, or enclosed in a crash box. It’s much easier to set up and execute your shot if you see what you are doing — with the help of the app's advanced live view tools.
* Supported with select cameras only (see below).
Rich Automation Toolset
From simple mirror lock-up and release automation, through 15-shot exposure brackets to 100-shot focus brackets, the app covers everything. You can freely combine brackets with the intervalometer and mirror lock-up, while the Bracketing Monitor oversees your settings and warns you about potential problems. You'll never want to revert to the camera's built-in automation features after trying Kuuvik Capture.
Star the Best, Trash the Rest
Culling a shoot is as easy as selecting the best images and let Kuuvik Capture remove the rest. And this even works on images shoot untethered, outside of the app. Like on a wedding or sport event. The fast image decoding and display engine allows us to skip time consuming preview generation, which is a huge boon when working on thousands of images.
A RAW Shooter's Best Friend
Kuuvik Capture aims to assist you in creating the best and highest quality images possible. This is why we provide special tools for working with RAW files. The Dual Histogram and RAW-based clipping warnings help you avoid exposure issues, while the Unitary WB brings RAW-like histogram capability to the untethered camera. Utilizing industry-standard XMP metadata means that your RAW converter could pick up where Kuuvik Capture finished its job.
Want to Learn More?
The eBook "Kuuvik Capture Inside Out" explains every feature of the app. It's a free download from: https://www.kuuvikcapture.com/the-book
Supported Canon EOS Cameras
With movie recording and multi-point live view:
1D X II, 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D II, 7D, 7D II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 100D, 200D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1200D, 1300D, 1500D, 2000D, 8000D, 9000D; Rebel SL1, SL2, T5, T6, T7, T6i, T6s, T7i; Kiss X7, X8i, X9, X9i, X70, X80
With multi-point live view:
1D C, 1D X, 700D; Rebel T5i; Kiss X7i
With movie recording:
Advanced tethering only:
1D IV, 50D, 60D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 1100D; Rebel T2i, T3, T3i, T4i; Kiss X4, X5, X6i, X50
You may need to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version to be able to use it with Kuuvik Capture.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported on all cameras with built-in Wi-Fi and via the optional Canon WFT-E7 (5D series, 7D II), W-E1 (5DS/R) or WFT-E6/E8 (for Wi-Fi on 1D series) transmitters.
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: https://www.kuuvikcapture.com/tech-specs
• The RAW histogram and clipping warning layers are now generated in the background, resulting in a faster, more fluid workflow.
• Added a preference to be able turn off automatic RAW data loading and RAW histogram and clipping warning layer generation in cases when significantly less power consumption is required. RAW data can always be loaded on-demand for an image.
• Up to 2x faster image display and reduced memory usage.
• 2s and 10s self-timer drive modes set on the camera are now honored.
• The minimum number of shots in an intervalometer sequence is lowered to 1. Thus the intervalometer can now be used as a self-timer by specifying the time to wait with Beginning Delay and setting the Number of Shots to 1.
• Added support for Canon 2000D/Rebel T7/1500D and M50. The RAW histogram and clipping warnings are not yet supported with the M50.
• Added a warning when pairing is attempted in a wrong Wi-Fi connection mode.
• Wi-Fi and Ethernet connected cameras are recognized up to 2x faster.
• Added optional extended metadata tooltips. It can be enabled in Preferences.
• "Show on Map" will display the location of the image in Maps. Requires GPS coordinates embedded into the image.
• Added support for arbitrary RGB profiles in JPG files (not just sRGB and Adobe RGB). Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
• Star ratings are now read from JPG files.
• The EOS 50D is considered obsolete. Kuuvik Capture may continue to work with this camera, but we no longer validate compatibility and no longer provide bug fixes or technical support for obsolete cameras.
• Corrected a problem where multiple images taken within the same second may appear in the wrong order when sorting by creation date.
• Fixed an issue where live view in movie mode could appear vertically elongated on some cameras.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Support and Super Slick Lean App
Repalced Canon EOS utiltiy I have used for years! The first capture app I’ve tried that matches and exceeds the native app. My fan speed has gone from 6000RPM to 2100RPM with the live view on, so muich more efficient and does not use all your resources like EOS utility. Focus peaking and clipping warnings are really helpful, as well as bracketing and intervalometer functions. Developer is very responsive, adding features I requested for enabling the remote timer and releasing the new version within a few weeks. Well worth the investment, and better support than Adobe producs! Can’t wait till image overlay is integrated so I can be rid of EOS utility forever!
Bought Kuuvik on the power of reviews. I was looking for an easier way to tether my camera to my Mac. Installation was a breeze and I was able to set up my camera with the app and started taking pix! I also appreciate the upgrades as they come. Thanks for a well made product that I can use.
T/S Lens Focus
Great for focusing tilt/shift lens. Architect
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.