By Konstantin Bukreev
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
KyBook is a modern reader application for e-books.
It has highly customizable and friendly interface and also:
- EPUB, FB2, RTF, PDF, DJVU, CHM, CBR, CBZ, MP3, M4A, M4B formats
- OPDS catalogs and network folders
- Google Books, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Yandex Disc
- Flexible reading mode settings
Complete feature list:
- Supports e-books in EPUB, FictionBook (fb2, fbz, fb2.zip), TXT, RTF, PDF, DJVU, CHM, Comic Book (cbr, cbz) and Audio Book (mp3, m4a, m4b) formats.
- Has wide opportunities in searching and downloading e-books from different sources.
- Provides access to enormous collection of free electronic books through OPDS-catalogs support.
- Downloads e-books directly from network folders in local network via MS Windows/SMB protocol and with the help of Web Browser (Mobile Safari), e-mail or iTunes.
- Saves your books into cloud storages and network folders.
- Integrated with Google Books, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Yandex Disc.
- Allows flexible setting of text displaying: font selection, colour theme, text size, text alignment mode, line height, margins, paragraph indention and hyphenations.
- Allows choosing book covers from different sources, changing titles and subjects.
- Provides easy navigation inside the book using table of content, bookmarks or notes.
- Helps organizing your books on shelves, cataloging them under subjects and sorting in different modes.
- Has full-screen reading mode in landscape and portrait orientation.
- Allows turning and scrolling pages in vertical or horizontal mode.
- Allows locking orientation and changing screen brightness.
- Supports dictionaries, translation of selected text and text-to-speech.
- Integrated with social networking services (Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte)
- Supports of VK Docs as Cloud Storage
- Built-in Web Browser
- Supports Tor Network
- OCR tool
- DJVU and PDF filters
- Support of archives in ZIP and RAR format
- Password-protected Bookshelves
- Speed Reading (RSVP)
- Automatic text summarization
- Integrated with LitRes.ru
- Integrated with Samizdat (samlib.ru)
- Supports WebDAV protocol
Dear users, DJVU, CHM, Tor Network and 'Speed Reading' requires in-app purchase "Upgrade to Pro Version".
You are free to use these features during the trial period. After the trial period You can unlock them via upgrading KyBook to Pro Version.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
Improved stability and fixed bugs.
This is one of the best reading app I've used and I've pretty much tried them all!!! I love that you can unzip from the app instead of having a separate app you have to use.. And you can 'open in' another app if you want.. My only complaints are:
1. I wish it stayed how you left it.. For example: if you click out of the app to do something else, (without quitting the app all together... Just in the background), or put the phone to sleep then turn it back on it sometimes looses the orientation lock you put it on, so you have to turn lock off, flip the phone again, then turn lock back on.. It's just a pain, which brings me to gripe number 2.
2. The commonly used customizations would be much more helpful in a more convenient spot.. Like if you could tap the screen and the set up options (font size, spacing, orientation, and brightness) came up right away instead of swiping right, selecting the settings icon and having to dig thru to get at those common options.
3. The ads are annoying, BUT I like that the app is free so I guess I can't really complain.
****oh, sometimes it glitches out and either doesn't acknowledge my command to flip the page, it seems that way and then catches up and flips like 5 pages (for the number of times I tapped it with no response)
Even with these couple of quasi complaints it's my favorite reader app and I would never get rid of it!!!
Great App. Add playlist function = perfect!
I love this app! It's so easy to use, I can choose my book cover art, and I can catalog all of my various books in many different ways easily. However, I have lot of audio books that are collections of short stories or of short chapters broken up into multiple files. When I want to read an entire book that broken up like that, I have to open the app and pick each file after the previous file ends. It would be nice to be able to create a playlist, so that I don't have to constantly be messing with the app on long trips to get to listen to each chapter/short story.
Other than that, it's a great app and I would recommend it. Thanks for the great product!
Best book reader app on the market
Been using it for a week now and absolutely love it. I tried Sony's ereader, Amazon's Kindle, and a Kobo Aura HD over the years and all had issues that I just couldn't live with (wasted A LOT of money). I put this app on my iPad mini. Combined with f.lux to eliminate blue light KYbook is perfect. All the features that I was looking for....top and bottom margins all the way to the edges, page numbers that change with the font size (that's a buggy), 7.9 in iPad mini is perfect size, custom themes, and many other adjustments to fit your liking.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 31, 2015
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 39.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Konstantin Bukreev
- © Konstantin Bukreev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro Version$4.99
- Upgrade to Pro Version$1.99