KyPass 4 is an application for people with extremely high demands on secure personal data management.
It uses the same database format than the open source software KeePass Password Safe.
Your database could be backed up:
• with iCloud Drive,
• with Dropbox, the best back-up service in the world (free accounts come with 2gb of space, enough for your KeePass databases) ,
• with Google drive,
• or with any WebDav compliant cloud service.
KyPass 4 saves many different information (user names, passwords, urls, comments, ...) in one single database. The entries are sorted in groups. The integrated search function allows to search in the complete database.
UNIQUES FEATURES IN V4
• Treeview (especially on iPad)
• VNC Viewer inside the app
• SSH Viewer inside the app
• Full Field References support
• Full history support (View AND Maintain History of entries)
• Full Recycle-Bin Support
• Folder selection in Dropbox, WebDav
• Full attachment support (read, write)
• Cloud Supports (Best way to keep multiple devices in Sync with the same information): Cloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Webdav
• Safari Integration (and some common 3rd Party like iCab etc.)
• Password Generator with Advanced features like prevent look alike characters
• KDBX4 Support (Introduced with Keepass 2.35 see http://keepass.info/help/kb/kdbx_4.html)
• External Keyboard support
• Webdav local browser to import directly into KyPass without need for a cloud
• Download database from URL
• Touch-ID Security or Pin Code: Database password can be saved to the iOS Keyring so you don't have to type long passwords
• One Time Passwords
• Barcode exchange of entries
• All entry informations (including last changed date and expiry)
KyPass is now powerful enough the replace your desktop application!
KyPass is also the most complete iOS version with a lot of feature not available in our competitors.
Fix internal browser for iPhone X and later
Fix bluetooth popup at start
Fix search when used with KDB v1 (defintively)
Ratings and Reviews
It does what it needs to do....
I have read other reviews, and personally rarely write reviews. However, having used 1Password, and tested others, I was seeking a way to painlessly “sync” my keepass data from one device to the next. KyPass has solved the issue of copying the data manually, and has done that part well across what it does support.
Yes, the UI coloring is stale - but frankly I would rather a functioning app that’s also dependable and reliable.
Yes this version is a fee. But frankly, everyone putting in time needs to supplement their time. Most apps will release incremental updates for free while major is another fee. But if you are paying to have someone else control your data (encrypted or not), then you are already paying more. (Or not factoring in security).
KyPass does what it’s supposed to do, what I NEEDED it to do, and I look forward to see how it gets polished.
The color will be customizable in v4.2 (but personaly, I like these colors :))
Thans for your comment
The best KeePass app for iOS.
There are many password managers on the market at varying price points with different features, but most password managers you'll find are totally cloud-based. KeePass, and therefore KyPass, is not. Keeping your passwords off the cloud is another degree of separation between your accounts and anyone else that might want access, and it is my personal preference. This app works as advertised, with Touch ID/Face ID integration, Safari integration, tons of customization and security options, and even password generation up to 128 characters. It just works. Although I wish they'd release an update with Keychain integration on iOS 12, this app does everything I want it to and more.
Very pleased everything I ever wanted in a Keepass program
Used other applications for many years on iOS and sort of suffered through them. My phone crashed due to some prankster sending me the Unicode character bug. This gave me a good opportunity to revisit this application. I spent the money hoping it would work well. I have Touch ID, OneDrive sync and just about every other cloud service.
And the developer seems to maintain the application.
Thumbs up. Worth the price paid for an app I use regularly
- Miguel Vanhove
- 54.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kyuran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.