By Miguel Vanhove
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
KyPass is a Mac version of KeePass from Dominik Reichl.
It saves many different information (user names, passwords, urls, comments, …) in one single database. The entries are sorted in groups. The integrated search function allows to search in the complete database.
KyPass Companion allows you to have auto-fill function in your Chrome or Firefox browser like Lastpass or 1Password with your Keepass database(s) using the keepasshttp plugins
* Fills out web forms with one click.
* Allows to use multilple Keepass database at the same time.
* Save your master password in Apple Keychain
* Support key file.
* Keepass v1 AND v2 are supported.
* OTP support
* Import passwords from kdb, kdbx or csv.
* Open your ssh session or http page directly from the Menu Extra.
What's New in Version 1.9
- add custom fields in the columns view
- edit multiple entries
- add filter on custom fields
- edit existing import tasks
- quick view improved
- attachments could be previewed by pressing the space key
- OTP support (enter otpauth://totp/Example:email@example.com?secret=JBSWY3DPEHPK3PXP&issuer=Example in a field and KyPass will translate it to the correct secret key)
- (bug fix) entry and group could now be created directly from the sidebar
- (bug fix) duplicate entry is now working also in search view
- (bug fix) viewing an entry doesn’t change modification date anymore
Really good now
This product has been refined and improved to the point where it is clearly stable and works very well. I use it exclusively on my Mac for all my passwords, and I’m very delighted with how it works.
The author keeps improving this app and it’s really very good for accessing keepass compatible databases (these work on PC’s as well as Macs and iOS). It’s very reliable, although it lacks the automatic features of some passwork keepers, it doesn’t screw up or lose things on me. And I don’t think this is as open to large scale hacks as the more commercial apps, because they don’t keep a copy of your data.
I like the application and have used it on a PC where it has more functionality. I sent a question to support a week ago and have yet to get an answer. So while the application is okay, but lacks some functionality (like ordering/indexing groups), and if you’re looking for good support, you may want to look elsewhere. I’m disapointed.