KyPass is an application for people with extremely high demands on secure personal data management.
It uses the same database format than the open source software KeePass Password Safe.
Your database could be synchronized (and be available offline):
• with iCloud Drive,
• with Dropbox,
• with OneDrive (and OneDrive for business),
• with Box,
• with Google drive,
• with SFTP,
• or with any WebDav compliant cloud service.
KyPass saves many different information (user names, passwords, urls, comments, ...) in one single database. The entries are sorted in groups. The integrated search function allows to search in the complete database.
UNIQUES FEATURES IN THIS NEW VERSION
• Treeview (especially on iPad)
• VNC Viewer inside the app
• SSH Viewer inside the app
• Full Field References support
• Full history support (View & Maintain History of entries)
• Full Recycle-Bin Support
• Folder selection in Dropbox, WebDav
• Full attachment support (read, write)
• Cloud Supports (Best way to keep multiple devices in Sync with the same information)
• Safari Integration (and some common 3rd Party like iCab etc.)
• Password Generator with Advanced features like prevent look alike characters
• KDBX4 Support (Introduced with Keepass 2.35 see http://keepass.info/help/kb/kdbx_4.html)
• External Keyboard support
• Webdav local browser to import directly into KyPass without need for a cloud
• Download database from URL
• Touch-ID Security or Pin Code: Database password can be saved to the iOS Keyring so you don't have to type long passwords
• One Time Passwords
• Barcode exchange of entries
• All entry informations (including last changed date and expiry)
KyPass is now powerful enough the replace your desktop application!
KyPass is also the most complete iOS version with a lot of feature not available in our competitors.
Added support to the AutoFill QuickType bar
Ratings and Reviews
It does what it needs to do....
I have read other reviews, and personally rarely write reviews. However, having used 1Password, and tested others, I was seeking a way to painlessly “sync” my keepass data from one device to the next. KyPass has solved the issue of copying the data manually, and has done that part well across what it does support.
Yes, the UI coloring is stale - but frankly I would rather a functioning app that’s also dependable and reliable.
Yes this version is a fee. But frankly, everyone putting in time needs to supplement their time. Most apps will release incremental updates for free while major is another fee. But if you are paying to have someone else control your data (encrypted or not), then you are already paying more. (Or not factoring in security).
KyPass does what it’s supposed to do, what I NEEDED it to do, and I look forward to see how it gets polished.
Developer Response ,
The color will be customizable in v4.2 (but personaly, I like these colors :))
Thans for your comment
Just as the app says for security minded
This app turned out to be completely worth the money. I wanted to be able to use keepass and have AutoFill. This provided the solution. On top of the fact I didn’t want to pay for a subscription call me old school, but I like to just buy software. When new version comes out and I want those features I will buy the new version.
I also wanted the ability to sync and I had use Shortcuts to sort of achieve similar effect with other iOS keepass apps. This is seamless though. I would recommend to anyone who doesn’t want to go subscription model and wants to control how there passwords are managed. Then this is the way to go. Only critique I have is the GUI is little dated looking compared to the rest iOS, but that’s minimal concern.
Awesome Design Update
Overall, the app is fantastic. Everything works how I would expect, and the custom key file handling is great. It has a few minor rough edges, such as extra clicks to swap databases or input TOTPs, but honestly I experienced the same ‘rough edges’ on the more commercialized apps too (likely Apple limitations to data handling). Using dropbox databases with local keyfiles spread between mobile, pc, and mac all works.
Really loving the bigger design elements and updates to the UI. I’m probably more of a “power-user” and have customized every little thing to my exact liking. This now feels more user friendly and more powerful than 1Password ever did.
- Miguel Vanhove
- 54.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kyuran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.